Manicures on Quest

marchanxiety

They apparently do.  I was not able to find them listed on the service list, but had two tears repaired with acrylic powder earlier this month on Ovation.  Then last week when on Odyssey, I asked about the range of powders on display while picking a gel color and was told they were all for acrylic nails.

I am not certain whether the ship does the “dipped” or painted-on powder acrylic nails.  I tried asking for future reference but there seemed to be a language barrier. But I was pleased to know it can be done nonetheless.  I too struggle with the gel polishes although I will say that the brand the Seabourn spa uses holds up better than what my salon at home carries!

So---does SB do gel manicures?  I wasn't sure from reading above.  I have had great luck with gel--especially if I get only one coat before going on a trip. Also, I stick to clear polish for a trip so that any little issues are not very visible.  For that reason, I've never had to have a manicure on SB.  BUT--there is always a first time.  

And for what it’s worth, I am very rough on my nails.  I usually do the dipped powder (NextGen) nails at home as the gel polish’s for me usually start chipping/peeling around 7-10 days.  My manicure from Ovation was still holding at the 18 day mark when I had them redone for the wedding.  Now 10 days later, that manicure still looks fresh as well.

I only use gel when we travel.  And agree it can be rough on nails whichis why  I only use it for travel.  I don't remember the brand my nail salon uses.  I'll try to remember to notice next time.  

Edited to add: Oh, I see you are saying that YOU are rough on your nails.  

Edited by SLSD

On 12/1/2018 at 9:29 AM, jenidallas said:

Yes... they do the “14 Day No-Chip” which uses a specific brand of gel polish that I haven’t typically encountered in my local salons.

My wife got this 14 day polish last cruise.  I easily lasted 14 days and had it removed before we departed. She said it took a month before her nails to recover due to the per-treatment of the nails but said this is normal for this type of polish .