TA Unresponsive to Cancellation Request

pillowmint

Hi All,

I'm a younger person and prefer to avoid a travel agent whenever possible. 

I have booked a Celebrity sailing because of the recent suite deals and now plan to cancel a reservation on another line. This is way out of final payment so it would be 100% refund. 

Well, 48 hours and two emails later to the TA I reluctantly used, and I have no response and feel I am getting 'slow walked'. I would like to have that deposit back...

Anyone experience anything like this? Any tips on how to escalate with the line if I need to (going to give it a few more days).

Edited by pillowmint

Take a look at the cruise line website and see if your reservation is stil active. And yup, give the TA a very direct and explicit call: ‘please respond immediately’ message if you are talking to machines. If to an agent, tell them you will wait on line until the confirm you are cancelled. 

Den

Wondering if you are trying to cancel booking on line.  I  suggest you call and actually  speak to a live person.  Tell them if they do not cancel immediately  you will dispute  the charges with your credit card and/or file a complaint  with the better business  bureau in their area.