Recommend - Coastal Cruise to Pitons

conbon78

We just returned from a Celebrity cruise that stopped in St. Lucia. We did the Coastal Cruise to the Pitons. It was a great shore excursion! We cruised through Marigot Bay and stopped at a different area that had some snorkeling and a great little beach. We were only there for 30 minutes. The cruise out to the Pitons was beautiful and I would highly recommend it. The staff was friendly, the catamaran wasn't overly crowded, and the Pitons were 100% worth it to see from the water.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 11/30/2018 at 4:45 PM, conbon78 said:

We just returned from a Celebrity cruise that stopped in St. Lucia. We did the Coastal Cruise to the Pitons. It was a great shore excursion! We cruised through Marigot Bay and stopped at a different area that had some snorkeling and a great little beach. We were only there for 30 minutes. The cruise out to the Pitons was beautiful and I would highly recommend it. The staff was friendly, the catamaran wasn't overly crowded, and the Pitons were 100% worth it to see from the water.

How many peoples was on this catamaran? Do you have pictures of the boat?

Edited by captain99

• 4 months later...

So, with 40 people you didn't feel crowded and everyone had a seat? I keep reading such varied reviews about this excursion thru Celebrity so I am concerned about it being too crowded. Thanks for any help and info.

We have done this excursion several times and enjoyed it.  The last time we did it was November 2018 and we paid $59 per person.  I see it is "on  sale" now for $110 per person.  I have written to Celebrity to ask if this is an error of some kind.  Perhaps they have a new shore partner but there's no way its worth that kind of $$.   We are going again in March and I had intended to book this but not at that price. 

32 minutes ago, Josie2 said:

We have done this excursion several times and enjoyed it.  The last time we did it was November 2018 and we paid $59 per person.  I see it is "on  sale" now for $110 per person.  I have written to Celebrity to ask if this is an error of some kind.  Perhaps they have a new shore partner but there's no way its worth that kind of $$.   We are going again in March and I had intended to book this but not at that price. 

I was wondering about this as I thankfully purchased it a couple weeks ago for 69!

Just following up on my post.  Captains Club replied basically telling me that $110 was the correct price, they don’t know why it doubled, they were sorry I was disappointed and wished me a pleasant day .  Today the sale is over, and the price is $69 ....   I realize errors can be made but did they even look into it .....   I’m booking today at that price.  

Just be aware that there are 2 methods of conveyance that the cruise lines use on these excursions.

One is on a covered barge type boat with plastic lawn chairs for seating. One is on a sailing catamaran, as pictured. 

The descriptions ahead of time are vague / deceptive on  which one you are getting.  You can't blame the call center agents, they probably don't have the complete info either. 

In your case, I might be concerned that the $69 is on the barge, the $110 is on the sailing catamaran.

You'll have a nice trip either way. It's my favorite thing to to in St Lucia.

If you can get 10 ppl together, Mystic Man is a great alternative to the ship cattle calls. They have a nice (not luxury) catamaran to sail down there, and serve drinks and lunch along the way. $88 or so. 

34 minutes ago, EatonDoolittle said:

Just be aware that there are 2 methods of conveyance that the cruise lines use on these excursions.

One is on a covered barge type boat with plastic lawn chairs for seating. One is on a sailing catamaran, as pictured. 

The descriptions ahead of time are vague / deceptive on  which one you are getting.  You can't blame the call center agents, they probably don't have the complete info either. 

In your case, I might be concerned that the $69 is on the barge, the $110 is on the sailing catamaran.

You'll have a nice trip either way. It's my favorite thing to to in St Lucia.

If you can get 10 ppl together, Mystic Man is a great alternative to the ship cattle calls. They have a nice (not luxury) catamaran to sail down there, and serve drinks and lunch along the way. $88 or so. 

I understand there are two options.  The other excursion is listed as well and its indicated its on a "powerboat"  As I said, my main enquiry related to what we had experienced in the past and the significant increase in price.  I feel like the call centre agent simply went on the website and confirmed that it was $110 as I had indicated, and did not actually check into my specific enquiry.  We have done this coastal cruise to the pitons for years and always enjoyed it. 

• 3 weeks later...

I am considering the "Powerboat" Pitons Cruise & Snorkel.  We have been to the beaches and the idea of snorkeling right at the Pitons is appealing, however the "Powerboat" Is not , does anyone have experience with this Celebrity Excursion?

We’re also interested in the Pitons Cruise & Snorkel since we’ already done the Coastal Cruise to the Pitons which was on the barge type boat. I emailed Shorex for a more detailed itinerary and received the following. It sounds like you spend all your time at the Pitons. Has anyone taken the Pitons Cruise & Snorkel? 

FC5719EA-2879-4112-A783-A236C7623069.png

• 2 months later...
On 7/4/2019 at 9:08 AM, shirazcruiser said:

We’re also interested in the Pitons Cruise & Snorkel since we’ already done the Coastal Cruise to the Pitons which was on the barge type boat. I emailed Shorex for a more detailed itinerary and received the following. It sounds like you spend all your time at the Pitons. Has anyone taken the Pitons Cruise & Snorkel? 

FC5719EA-2879-4112-A783-A236C7623069.png

We are interested in the Pitons Cruise and Snorkel as well since our preference is to mainly snorkel. Celebrity says it uses a third party operator for this. Has anyone done this tour. I was comparing this to the Ambrose Spencer tour which is the same price but goes to two beaches. But the celebrity excursion says you snorkel directly from the boat versus Spencer where you snorkel from the beach I think.  

Woukd rather give my money to a local operation but it’s a hard choice in this case. We are on the November 2 sailing. 

• 2 months later...