The Baths- Clarification?

eva2015

We will be visiting Tortola in March (7:30am-5:45pm) and planning to head over to Virgin Gorda on our own.  Our party will include our kids, 4yr old and 6yr old, and parents, 68yr old and 72yr old.  I'm not too worried about the kids, they are used to hiking and climbing etc.  We are trying to determine if it would be best for the grandparents to stay at the top of the bath or if they would be able to make their way to beach.  I've read there is a easier path down but with people taking both paths down, I can't figure out which one that is.  We could all go down the easier path and leave the grandparents at the beach while we go through the rocks.  We can meet up with them when we are done and take the same path back up.  Is it best/easiest to take the path to Devil's Bay or the path the Baths beach?  They may prefer to stay at the top but I'm hoping to get more info before making a decision.

Also, I see there is a new ferry company, Sensation Ferries, their schedule might work better than Speedy's.  We could take their 8:30am to VG then return on the 1:45pm. That will give us plenty of time for the beach and lunch in VG.  Any reviews of them yet?

Yes the path to Devil’s Beach is the easier of the two and the staff at the Top of the Baths can direct you. You will fine helpful posts on the paths - including photos - by using the search function here.

Have not heard anything about that ferry. But with longer port times like yours I have recommended looking at Speedy’s and Smith’s to see if you can get more time on VG by using both. The fare is ~$10pp more but getting more time there is absolutely worth it.

Also review past threads that talk about using a driver to make the most of your day. For example you cmay want to stop at beautiful Savannah Bay to let the biggest crowd get through the Baths, and have the driver pick you up and drop you at the Top of the Baths later, perhaps. Drivers with smaller safari taxis will work with you, and the fares between places in the Valley area are reasonable (~$6pp each way for adults).

come back with any questions after doing a bit of research here...

• 3 months later...

If we hired a driver to take us to Savannah Bay first to let the crowds go through at the Baths, we would still need to take the ferry first....right? THEN we would get a driver? We are the only ship in port the day that we are there.  Do you think that the Baths might not be as crowded as other days?

14 hours ago, mompells said:

If we hired a driver to take us to Savannah Bay first to let the crowds go through at the Baths, we would still need to take the ferry first....right? THEN we would get a driver? We are the only ship in port the day that we are there.  Do you think that the Baths might not be as crowded as other days?

The Baths are on Virgin Gorda, a neighboring island of Tortola where you will dock. Yes you will walk to the ferry terminal and ferry over, there will be taxis at the ferry dock waiting to take you wherever you want to go. 

The Baths will be crowded when the biggest crowd from your ship is there, so if you have enough time in port you can often avoid the biggest crowd by timing your visit to the Baths, and drivers can work with you and you may be able to take advantage of the different ferry company schedules, again if you have enough time in port...