The Riveriera Deck on CB 2 questions...

shenduxryu

We are planning a wedding cruise on the Oct. 14 sailing with the CB. We have the option of a mini suite on Dolphin deck or a standard balcony on the Riviera Deck. Our biggest priority is privacy over space in the cabin so should we just choose the Riviera Deck?

Question 2 how noisy is the Lido deck above these cabins?

Thanks!

We are planning a wedding cruise on the Oct. 14 sailing with the CB. We have the option of a mini suite on Dolphin deck or a standard balcony on the Riviera Deck. Our biggest priority is privacy over space in the cabin so should we just choose the Riviera Deck?

Question 2 how noisy is the Lido deck above these cabins?

Thanks!

We stayed on the Aloha deck (one below Riviera) and it was extremely private. Riviera can't look down on Aloha because these 2 levels are stacked one above the other. But below Aloha the balconies start to cantilever outward and you can look down upon them. I understand that Dolphin has large balconies but they are totally open - no overhang. The nice thing about Riviera and Aloha is that should it rain you can still sit on your balcony. (And it does rain in October!) I do know the balconies are smaller on Riviera so take this into consideration.

You don't say "where" on Riviera you are looking for your cabin - but should you go aft there is a staircase that leads right up to the aft pool - which IMHO is one of the most beautiful spots on the ship. My husband and I spent most of our time there.

To answer your second question regarding noise - we stayed one deck below the Lido on Celebrity's Millennium and were under the area where the buffet and pool deck were - mid-ships. We occasionally heard some noise but nothing that was a show-stopper. We could hear the pool band start to play if we had the balcony door open and that was good because it would let us know it was time to get up there!

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage.

mollyanne:)

We stayed on the Riviera Deck on the CB, cabin R708 in the aft section. We were right below Horizon court and never heard a thing. Our balcony was private and covered. And the location was great.. a few steps to the aft was the pool we loved and a few steps up was food! I would book this cabin again if cruising the CB.

Ditto on Riviera. R712 was around 50' from the buffet and 60 from a very quiet aft pool. Heard a bit of movement from the buffet during the evening, but nothing significant. Loudest noise is the thrusters during docking at around 5 AM and it has to be much worse lower down. View is great from this deck.

Archived