Kobe beef meat loaf on the menu tonight

pdobrynski

If memory serves, there are less than a dozen places in the US which serve Kobe beef. Most of them are in either Vegas or NYC and when you order it, they will show you the Certificate of Authenticity before they serve it. 

6 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

We're Americans.  We drink California Champagne.  We eat Wisconsin Cheddar cheese.  So what's the big deal with Celebrity Kobe beef? :classic_tongue:

Actually, you can buy legitimate Californian Champagne.  They are exploiting a loophole that the French only managed to close recently and only for any wine makers who had not used the word Champagne to describe a sparkling wine prior to 2006. 

https://vinepair.com/wine-blog/loophole-california-champagne-legal/

We just disembarked Reflection on Dec 7th and not only was it on our menu but I ordered it (other options were not appealing to me and I love meatloaf so thought I would try it).  There was no extra charge and it was a disappointment - the flavor was strange and the spicing not my preference.  Just one person's opinion . . .

5 hours ago, Danwes said:

If memory serves, there are less than a dozen places in the US which serve Kobe beef. Most of them are in either Vegas or NYC and when you order it, they will show you the Certificate of Authenticity before they serve it. 

Correct; in the past couple years a handful more venues in the US have begun serving Kobe beef, but it is still extremely rare (and if if you are not paying about $30-$50 per/ounce at a US restaurant it is not authentic Kobe). See post #267 in the thread from last year linked below for a picture of one of the Certificates of Authenticity (which is for a restaurant in US serving Miyazaki beef - also sourced from Japan and very similar in quality/taste/cost to Kobe, but much less rare in the US).

ost

16 hours ago, Gonzo70 said:

Have you read the thread? Kobe beef meatloaf is as real as unicorns. It doesn’t exist. It is false advertising. They are serving meatloaf with generic US beef.  

Do I believe it is real Kobe beef? NO!!! But what I had in Blu was not like mother or dad ever made at home. As some here said Kobe would be like mashed potatoes. It was like mashed potatoes meets pot roast. But not in a good way. 

• Haha 1