Carnival.com

SeaYa52

I have tried in vain for four days to register at "carnival.com". I am a past cruiser and have a password. However, when I try to register my next cruise - so I can have access - I keep getting a message that the information does not match and to contact my TA or Carnival. I talked with my TA - and confirmed everything including the booking number - next I called Carnival at the number they said to call in my "something doesn't match" message........they are clueless - yesterday the rep said it wasn't working because it was Sunday and to call back today. Today, the girl still didn't understand - although she confirmed my booking number was correct - and said Carnival.com couldn't do these things....when I read her everything - she suggested I call back in 3 months.......and that it would be working by then........

I love to cruise - and book Carnival because I can afford a balcony - and always have a good time - so this isn't "anti" Carnival - but shouldn't they be able to help me do this????

Does anyone know the president's name/ email.....I want to drop him a line. I know it (his email)was floating around the boards last year.

Thanks so much for any advice.

PRIDE 06/27/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;06;27;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

'004/12 4/12 PRIDE CRUISEajezine@usa.com

Pride 4/03

Inspiration 7/21/02

Pacific Princess '00

Magesty of the Seas '99

Big Red Boat '98 (cheerleader cruise)

Celebration '97

Norway '91

Southward '88

Sunward II '86

Starward '83

My personal information on the site had my first name as chris, not my full name. After updating my profile, everything was hunky-dory icon_biggrin.gif, except that my Conquest cruise is not there, and everytime I try to add it, I get a message to "try again 'sometime' later" icon_rolleyes.gif

Up Next... A Date with Destiny 04/11/04

To Sea, or not, to See.

Starward 81, Volendam 83, Oceanic 87, Majestic 93, Victory 2/10/02, Imagination 5/23/02, 1/30/03, Conquest 12/28/03

Conquest New Years Cruise

http://community.webshots.com/user/crisp1028

WEll its nice to know that I am not the only one having problems. My husband is going on the Carnival Pride 5/9/04 according to the web site but when I try to enter my booking number under my name it can't find it. Oh well....Maybe by the year 2005 or 2006 they will have the web site working...How such a large corporation like Carnival could put up a new web site before it is working properly is beyond me. Its not like they did not have a web site at all and wanted to get something up even if only half of it is working properly. Maybe their webmaster only works part time and comes in once a month.

D

Sensation 4/2001

Victory 12/2001

Spirit 12/10/2002

Zuiderdam 5/7/2003

Legend 12/7/2003

Pride 5/9/2004

Spirit 10/16/04-cancelled by Carnival - boo hoo hoo

Radiance of the Seas (RCI) - 10/24/04 (replacement cruise for the cancelled Spirit)

4/9/05 - Celebrity Constellation out of San Juan to the Southern Caribbean

I was having a problem with getting in on the web site also, and after dealing with several people at Carnival, I finally found someome to help me. I called 800-845-2599 and I believe I hit the seven, and then ask for extension 22202 and spoke with Angelica. She was very helpful and got me set up on the web site. Hope this in helpful. Some things are still not working correctly.

Janet

I have tried for three days also with no such luck. It keeps telling me my password is not correct or that I have tried a reister page. I go in and get a new password and it still will not work. It has gave me like ten new passwords and still the same page keeps coming up wanting a new password.

It is good to know you're not alone.....I've tried all your suggestions - both before and after - and I still get the "something doesn't match" response.....and I've verified the booking number both with my TA and Carnival. What burns me up is the "try again in three months".......Carnival is a big & successful company and I enjoy sailing with them - but with glitches like this.....and employees who are clueless - something isn't right.

I do appreciate your helful suggestions......just frustrated right now.

PRIDE 06/27/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;06;27;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

'004/12 4/12 PRIDE CRUISEajezine@usa.com

Pride 4/03

Inspiration 7/21/02

Pacific Princess '00

Magesty of the Seas '99

Big Red Boat '98 (cheerleader cruise)

Celebration '97

Norway '91

Southward '88

Sunward II '86

Starward '83

The booking numbers are case sensitive, so if you enter ji0099 and any paperwork that you may have has it as JI0099, the lower case letters will not work. The system looks at the wrong case just like it would if you typed your number in wrong. Good luck.. icon_smile.gif

Days Until Our 1st Cruise!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;07;25;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I had the same problem, couldn't get anything to work for me. It turned out the only thing wrong was that I used a different name when I signed up on Carnival.com than I used on my bookings. Specifically, I registered as Pat, and my bookings were under Patricia. Once I changed the Pat to Patricia, everything worked. Just a thought, make sure the names you're using are EXACTLY the same.

Pat

Caribe - too far back to remember

Holiday - July 1988

Princess Dawn - May 1995

Tropicale - June 2000

Sensation - June 2001

Grand Princess - July 2002

Inspiration - Oct 2003

'til the PRIDE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;05;09;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Til The Partae Pirates Sail From Tampa

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;02;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

partaepiratessmallsmall.gif?mtbrand=AOL_US

I am so frustrated with Carnival.com. I have gone in with my e-mail address at least twice per day for 1 week requesting that my password be e-mailed to me. I have never received my password, therefore have not been able to go in and order bon voyage gifts for my upcoming cruise. I tried to "re-register" however I can't do that because the site recognizes my e-mail address (but won't give me a password). Today I called Carnival 2 times and they basically said if I don't have a different e-mail address to register, then I am out of luck. All of the information didn't get dumped in from their old server and they don't know when,if ever, it will be resolved. Very frustrating.

Of course, I know I can call and order things, but I prefer to do it myself.

If you are having problems with Carnival.com you can call their E-Distribution Support at 1-800-845-2559. The agents there are specifically trained to assist guests assitance with website issues.

Kristi - Atom.gif

"No shoes, no shirt, no problem..."

Fantasy 3/95, Fascination 12/01, Conquest 1/03, Glory 9/03, Conquest 1/04, Mariner 9/04, Miracle 2/05

Here is some additional I found in the FAQ section of Carnival's website, they may help with some of the problems.

How do I add my booking number to carnival.com?

In order for a booking number to successfully be entered in carnival.com, the following fields must EXACTLY match the information in the Reservations system. Guest's Last Name Booking number Ship Sail Date In the event that you feel all the data you entered is correct, you may want to contact your travel agent or 1-800-Carnival (if you booked directly) to double check if there is a discrepancy in your last name spelling and/or booking number you were provided. NOTE: Presently you can only add individual booking numbers. Group booking numbers cannot be added at this time.

Why am I seeing the message "Number associated with another user" when I try to access my past guest number?

In an effort to improve customer service, we pre-registered past guests who had valid email addresses in our database. If you see the message "Number associated with another user", please try using Forgot Password. ( http://www.carnival.com/ForgotPassword.aspx) If we have your correct e-mail address, you will receive your past guest number momentarily. If the error persists, please email guestinfo@carnival.com

How can I access my past guest number?

If you have not registered, select REGISTER on the top right corner of the home page. Select YES when asked if you have cruised before. Enter your past guest number. If you do not know your past guest number enter your date of birth and zip code. The system will only match you if your last name, date of birth and telephone number match our past guest database EXACTLY due to security reasons. In the event that you feel all the data you entered is correct, please email a CCL representative so that we may research as there may be a data entry error on the database. In the event that you have already registered, access My Profile and select Add Past Guest Number. Enter your past guest number. If you do not know your past guest number enter your date of birth and zip code. The system will only match you if your last name, date of birth and telephone number match our past guest database EXACTLY due to security reasons. In the event that you feel all the data you entered is correct, please email a CCL representative pastguest@carnival.com so that we may research as there may be a data entry error on the database.

I seem to be in the minority here. The ONLY problem I've had is that I couldn't open the Carnival website for about an hour or so on Sunday. Otherwise, I've had no problems logging on, seeing all my past cruises, or completing our FunPass info.

Beth

~~~~~~~~~~~

Countdown to Glory

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;05;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Emerald Seas 6/86

Emerald Seas 11/87

S.S. Royale 10/88

Celebration 6/97

Grandeur of the Seas 6/98

Sensation 6/99

Carnival Triumph 6/00

Carnival Triumph 11/17/01

Enchantment of the Seas 10/27/02

Carnival Victory 5/25/03

Carnival Glory 5/22/04

Has anybody been able to check out the Specials? I can get the last minute speicals, but when when I use the promotions drop down menu, I just get a blank screen. I cannot check for any "past cruisers" or "fun from Florida" etc specials.

NCL Sea November 2001

NCL Sun November 2002

Carnival Legend November 2004

I have been trying to register for a week also, finally got my hasband registered with a password but that is it, cannot go any further. I called Carnival and was told that I could not use the site unless I had booked directly with a PVP at Carnival. I have already booked with a TA, so I guess I will have to fill out all of the paperwork when we arriving at the ship. This is our first Carnival Cruise ( Princess people who are a bit older) and I guess I am in a rut with registration. I have always done everything ahead of time (paperwork) and found that to be very convient. We are not cruising until August, hopefully the Carnival site will cahange by then. If not it's minor, once on board ship and out on the ocean everything takes on a great big happy face.

I am having the same "doesn't match" problem. One person at the e-distribution center told me I needed to used a different email address because of Carnival's change in the website since I last cruised with them. To Live2cruz, who doesn't have another email address to use: Don't worry -- it doesn't work with a different email address anyway.

Then I spent about 45 minutes with another person at e-distribution, who must have been on the other side of the world and had his brain extracted at birth. Useless. He's supposedly sending forms by snail mail. Great use of technology, right?

Well, if the Carnival website ever gets working again and isn't "undergoing maintenance" (which, I'll admit, is badly needed!!!!) I will try some of the suggestions here. Too bad that Carnival makes it necessary for us to fumble around like this, rather than making their website work, or at least telling us themselves who to make it work. Fun ships? Maybe. Fun website? Not!

Majesty of the Seas 2004

Dawn Princess 2003

QE2 2002

Royal Princess 2002

Carnival Fascination 2002

HAL Maasdam 2001

Carnival Jubilee 1999

HAL Statendam 1996

VeraCruz 1983

Angelina Lauro 1975

Has anyone tried to email Carnival? I have tried numerous times and it says that "no more that 300 characters can be used". I only had 9 words. I need to email them to see if I can find out why I have not received my documents. We are sailing on 4/18/04. My TA has called them several times and they say they mailed them 3/31/04 but he has still not received them. I know I don't have to have them, but with my luck I would very much like to have them in hand when we check in.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;4;18;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

4/18/04 Carnival Conquest

I tried to pay the balance on my CTN and kept getting an "agency not listed" message. I am NOT an agency. Finally called and gave my payment information. The PVP I spoke with just made a joke out of it. icon_confused.gif

Mary

Triumph Eastern 10/03

Victory CTN 6/04

Sensational Cruise from the Bayou 10/04

Archived