Sorry, there is a problem You do not have permission to view this content. Error

9 hours ago, weebles said:

It comes up every time I try to view something in CC, but if I just wait long enough, it goes away but right now it's stuck.  How can I fix it?

This comes up when you're trying to read something that requires you to be logged in (typically a roll call thread). If you're using a browser that has retained an automatic log-in cookie from the last time you visited CC, the page will refresh after a couple of seconds and you will be logged-in and the content will be displayed.

If that doesn't happen, you've lost the automatic log-in cookie and you will need to log in manually. Just click the blue button that says "Existing user? Sign In".

There are many reasons why the log-in cookie may get lost. You or your browser may have cleared the cache, or the cookie may have got corrupted, or you may have been browsing using an In Private / Incognito window (as I do). A fresh log-in should solve the problem, and only takes a few seconds.

If that does not solve the problem, then the next suggestion would be to manually clear your browser's cache and cookies (or all of the cruisecritic.com cookies, if you know how to be that selective), and try again.

On 12/12/2018 at 4:11 AM, Globaliser said:

This comes up when you're trying to read something that requires you to be logged in (typically a roll call thread). If you're using a browser that has retained an automatic log-in cookie from the last time you visited CC, the page will refresh after a couple of seconds and you will be logged-in and the content will be displayed.

If that doesn't happen, you've lost the automatic log-in cookie and you will need to log in manually. Just click the blue button that says "Existing user? Sign In".

There are many reasons why the log-in cookie may get lost. You or your browser may have cleared the cache, or the cookie may have got corrupted, or you may have been browsing using an In Private / Incognito window (as I do). A fresh log-in should solve the problem, and only takes a few seconds.

If that does not solve the problem, then the next suggestion would be to manually clear your browser's cache and cookies (or all of the cruisecritic.com cookies, if you know how to be that selective), and try again.

Thanx for the info.  Now I have to find out what a incognito window is.  This has helped a bunch.