Haven Questions on Epic

GetMeOutOfMN

So bartenders and Restaurant dining staff and room steward don't get their part of the DSC in Haven? I mean it's 3 bucks more than non haven?

I know Butler and comcierge don't...but the 3 mentioned above...so for what do I pay 3 bucks more?

Kalum, lots of theories thrown around.  I know the butler and concierge don’t get part of DSC, but I believe the rest of the Haven staff do.  I also have a problem paying the higher DSC for Haven.  Seems like we are contributing to the DSC for all non-Haven staff plus Haven staff.  Objectively I maybe can justify it, but in my mind it’s more like “they are paying MUCH more for their suites, so adding $2/day to the DSC isn’t going to be a deal breaker, and we can get more $$ out of them”.

Some people think it’s because the steward has a bigger room to clean - IMHO nonsense, I’m sure a Haven steward has fewer rooms than a non-Haven steward, since the rooms are larger.  

The other tipping talk is that there is a group here that is big on tipping, and tipping generously.  The service is absolutely outstanding in the Haven in my experience, and if you choose to tip over and above DSC, nothing wrong with it, but it’s not obligatory like the butler/concierge tips are.

As far bartenders, they have been well-tipped with the beverage pkg.  Again, you can choose to tip more, but are not obligated to.  If you don’t have the beverage pkg and you order a “pay” drink you’ll have a 20% tip automatically added on to your bill.  

There is talk about how the bartenders don’t see that 20%.  In my mind, I have already tipped generously and don’t feel obligated to make up the difference if NCL is really keeping the 20%.  I don’t know they are, there’s discussion both ways.

• Thanks 1

On 12/11/2018 at 8:29 PM, BirdTravels said:

The Posh is the private sundeck and bar for Haven guests. No charge. 

There me is a fruit bowl in your stateroom which you can direct your butler on the fruits you want. 

No free booze, sodas, waters for a 2BR. Only for owners Suites. You get one free bottle of water and one free bottle of sparkling wine on embarkation. Everything in the minibar cost money. We have our room steward empty it and leave pitchers of water and tea. You could have you butler leave a pitcher of juice and milk for the kids. 

Your butler will will deliver all room service, setting up your table with a white table cloth. Tip your butler at the end of the cruise. 

We we had a forward facing 2BR with the enclosed solarium balcony. Beautiful. 

When end people ask, I offer a tip recommendation of $10-$15 per person in room per day for the butler ($140-$210 for 2 for a week). Probably too steep with 5 people. 

$5-$10 per person per day for the concierge. 

$5-$10 pp pd extra for the room steward for taking care of your ginormous room. 

Just wondering if they charge you for the bowls of gummy bears and M&ms? Lol 

3 minutes ago, pharmSCgirl said:

Just wondering if they charge you for the bowls of gummy bears and M&ms? Lol 

Nope, they are free and delivered for free by your (to-be-tipped) butler.  Plus they are out in the lounge and elsewhere sometimes, also free.

Your pm snacks and all non-specialty restaurant food is also free, delivered by your butler.  Plus you can order in-room dining (non-specialty restaurant) free.