Anyone from Orlando going to St. Maarten?

helenasue

Hey there! I realize that this might be a little unconventional, but it might be my only shot. I apologize if this post is against the rules! I bought this great rum in St. Maarten that I loved; they sell it right at the port. It's called Old Man's Guavaberry Rum. You can't miss the salespeople, they're handing out samples right when you get into port; you have to walk past them to do anything else in St. Maarten.

Anyway, I bought this rum in the almond flavor and absolutely LOVED it! I went to buy more because we drank it all and um... they don't sell it in the almond flavor outside of St. Maarten. Total despair. 😭

I really want to get a couple of bottles for myself and one as a gift for a friend, but I really don't want to wait until my next cruise to enjoy it again! If anyone is going to St. Maarten who lives in the Orlando area (I'm in Windermere) and would be willing to snag me a few (or even just one!) full-sized bottles of the almond rum, I'd be happy to pay you for the rum itself plus $20 for each bottle you bring back (maximum of 4). I'll come get it from you locally, and it's right on the way back to the ship - so if you're not a drinker and you grab me three bottles, you can make $60 for a very quick five minute errand. I've attached an image of the bottle I'm looking for to this post. 🙂

Thanks in advance!

Drinking-on-Caribbean-Time-Almond-Rum.jpg

Edited by helenasue

Have you checked with your local Total Wines or ABC?  They have had the traditional flavor in the US for a few years now, maybe the store manager could ask the Opici distributor rep about the almond flavor availability. 

I love the original, and get a few bottles each time I visit, but an almond flavor sounds sweet for my taste.

Note to others who have not tried it: the Original looks harmless and red, but it packs a bite, and it is not sweet at all. 

Good luck on your quest.

You could also post your request on a few roll calls, if you do some research on upcoming Eastern Carib sailings.  The ships are full of Central Floridians this time of year. 

guavaberry-in-the-usa.pdf

Edited by EatonDoolittle

No such luck, I'm afraid. I called Leuken's and ABC, but I was told that their distributor only has access to the original flavor and the Guavaberry Liquor - no almond to be had. :( 

I did meet a guy on a Facebook roll call who said he'd be up for doing it, so if all goes well, I'll be enjoying four bottles in January! :D 

I live in Windermere and will be on a cruise at the end of this month that stops in St. Maarten.  I have never been to this island but I will happily look for this rum for you.

Our cruise departs next week and returns on the 30th.  You can email me at amymclose@gmail.com.

• Like 1