Seattle hotel and sightseeing transportation vs luggage?

VacTimeAllways

Hi I’ve been trying to figure out which hotel to stay at in Seattle next May after Alaska cruise on Princess’s Golden. We will be doing two nights and thus was thinking staying downtown closer to space needle or Pikes Peak. Was wondering if any one had suggestions on how to get from airport to this area? Preferably for a reasonable price. I’ve found there is a luggage storage option in the airport has anyone utilized it before? Better to check the bags in and then take the train? Or just pony up for a taxi or Uber ? Oh and I’m taking my mother who is 70 so little limited on helping me lugging the luggage. 

We used the luggage storage option in SeaTac when my daughter and I flew to Australia (via Vancouver, BC).  It worked well for us; we left our luggage there and then took the train up to Seattle.  The train takes about 45 minutes to downtown Seattle.  Uber would probably cost about $20 -25?  The train was about $4 or $5. Hope this helps!

8 hours ago, VacTimeAllways said:

Hi I’ve been trying to figure out which hotel to stay at in Seattle next May after Alaska cruise on Princess’s Golden. We will be doing two nights and thus was thinking staying downtown closer to space needle or Pikes Peak. Was wondering if any one had suggestions on how to get from airport to this area? Preferably for a reasonable price. I’ve found there is a luggage storage option in the airport has anyone utilized it before? Better to check the bags in and then take the train? Or just pony up for a taxi or Uber ? Oh and I’m taking my mother who is 70 so little limited on helping me lugging the luggage. 

I'm a bit confused.  Are you staying at the hotel after the cruise or before?  If it's after the cruise, just take a cab or Uber from the cruise terminal to the hotel, then do your touring.  

The light rail train from the airport to the downtown area is inexpensive ($3) but time consuming, and the "last mile" from the rail station to the hotel remains as a hassle.  If luggage is a concern, I'd bite the bullet and use Uber for all the trips, and look for some ways to save a few bucks on other things.  

PS Pike's Peak is a mountain in Colorado.  The Pike Place Market (no "s") is in downtown Seattle.