Review : Antarctica/Falklands/S Georgia - Dec 2005

NewCruiseFan

Lisa,

I have just finished reading your wonderful review. I saved it to Word and printed it out - 14 pages! We went to Antarctica this year on the Regal Princess, a much bigger ship but when reading your review I could picture some of the places you went to and also the birds and wildlife that you saw.

Your trips on the zodiacs also brought back many memories of our time in the Galapagos Islands which we did after our Antarctic cruise in early February.

I would love to return to "down south", though my husband is not so keen as we had very rough weather from the Falklands to South Georgia - it was over 24 hours - and even though he wasn't sick, he didn't feel his normal self. It was also very hard moving around the ship. Half the crew were ill as well as a lot of the passengers.

You were so lucky with your weather as we missed the Falklands and two other ports.

We did have glorious sunny days once down in the Antarctica. We were there for 4 days and it was brilliant sunshine each day.

Thanks again for a great review.

Jennie

Have been enjoying your posts about your recent Antarctica trip; I'm taking a similar trip ("Classic Anarctica"...no Falkland Islands or So. Georgia) on the Explorer II in Feb. 07 and found your comments very useful and informative.

Thanks again for your wonderful posts!:)

• 2 months later...

Lisa, if you are still checking this thread, the news is, I have a single berth for December around the Peninsula & Chilean fjords. Reasonable price on another line not same as yours & wife says I can have it as my big big big birthday pressie & it will be exactly 50 years since I first sailed in that area. Cannot wait now!

Archived