Delayed TUI Flight Barbados to Birmimghham 30/11/2018 (Azura)

lansonlady

Hi

i have not got very far with TUI - emailed and no acknowledgment- rang and told to email again to a specific person and now can’t get through to them. Tried this resolver thing on money expert and nothing. Sure this is all done to put people off, I have now put it with flight reclaim - no win no fee - 25% but at least they can have the stress - it’s the principle,

well done to those who have had a response.

😒

20 hours ago, JPW11 said:

Hi

i have not got very far with TUI - emailed and no acknowledgment- rang and told to email again to a specific person and now can’t get through to them. Tried this resolver thing on money expert and nothing. Sure this is all done to put people off, I have now put it with flight reclaim - no win no fee - 25% but at least they can have the stress - it’s the principle,

well done to those who have had a response.

😒

Did you not pick up the letter from P&O that was issued when we were all in the Playhouse getting keys for our day cabins? It gave an email address for claims and an outline of the information required.

Theres no reason to have to employ a solicitor? Or use Resolver. Just follow the instructions that you were given by the P&O Customer Services Manager. Just make sure you put your full address on in addition to the information stipulated by P&O.

Hi ,

we were going from Birmingham and given a leaflet re the CAA if we had problems! Just told to go to TUI website and put claim in. No acknowledgement of emails - not very good. Coming up to a month since we got back and no further forward. Too late now flight reclaim on the case. 

15 hours ago, JPW11 said:

Hi ,

we were going from Birmingham and given a leaflet re the CAA if we had problems! Just told to go to TUI website and put claim in. No acknowledgement of emails - not very good. Coming up to a month since we got back and no further forward. Too late now flight reclaim on the case. 

It seems there differences in the advice passengers are given depending on whether P&O are issuing guidance, or TUI are issuing guidance.

For information for any other passengers who might find themselves tied up in a lengthy delay to/from Barbados I have detailed the instructions that P&O supplied to us which might help in claiming compensation.

P&O instructions for delayed Barbados Flights.

Send Email to -   

aftertravel.flightdelay@tui.co.uk

Information to supply-

Flight number

Date and details of flight.

Name of lead passenger

Names of accompanying passengers

P&O booking reference.

Home Address.

As an example of timescales -

I sent my original email on 10/12.

I asked for an acknowledgement but didn’t receive one.

I received a reply on 23/12 asking for our address. (P&O didn’t tell us to include our address) 

I received a notification on 4/1 that our compensation would be paid within 28 days.

3 hours ago, JPW11 said:

That is the email address I used and emailed them 15.12.18 with address etc - rang and told to email a named person who would acknowledge email - nothing. Thanks for info. 

I’ve I emailed and got a reply back 3 weeks later asking to confirm our Full postal address and to fill in another form online. I tried to do this, but it wouldn’t  accept the booking reference number. I emailed back the same day and have still not heard anything.

I messaged them on Facebook and was told to contact TA for a numerical booking reference. Did this on 31/12, TA contacted TUI customer service who said that as P and O charter the whole plane there is no numerical booking reference!! And to email back on the original email, given to us by P and O. I’ve heard nothing else since, so messaged again on Facebook on Monday and was told the following:-

QUOTE “ currently there is no timeframe in which we have to respond to the claim, we are working hard to get this resolved quickly and will be in touch”

Getting really cheesed off now!!

5 hours ago, steelerannie said:

I’ve I emailed and got a reply back 3 weeks later asking to confirm our Full postal address and to fill in another form online. I tried to do this, but it wouldn’t  accept the booking reference number. I emailed back the same day and have still not heard anything.

I messaged them on Facebook and was told to contact TA for a numerical booking reference. Did this on 31/12, TA contacted TUI customer service who said that as P and O charter the whole plane there is no numerical booking reference!! And to email back on the original email, given to us by P and O. I’ve heard nothing else since, so messaged again on Facebook on Monday and was told the following:-

QUOTE “ currently there is no timeframe in which we have to respond to the claim, we are working hard to get this resolved quickly and will be in touch”

Getting really cheesed off now!!

This does seem a tad haphazard.

We received a cheque today.

14 hours ago, steelerannie said:

Really pleased you’ve been paid out. Had another reply from TUI saying exactly the same as I put above, I’m off to see TA next week! 

Good luck Annie. You will get the compensation, it’s just when.

Have you thought about an email to P&O? They want happy customers, they chartered the flight, perhaps they have a  named contact at Tui customer services? 

Long shot I know, but you have nothing to lose.

47 minutes ago, lansonlady said:

Good luck Annie. You will get the compensation, it’s just when.

Have you thought about an email to P&O? They want happy customers, they chartered the flight, perhaps they have a  named contact at Tui customer services? 

Long shot I know, but you have nothing to lose.

I contacted P&O they said to contact TA! 🙈🙈🙈

• 2 weeks later...

My in laws were on the delayed flight from Birmingham as well. My husband emailed a letter on their behalf to the address that was given on the P & O handout. The letter was a template from a well known money saving gurus website. Which was free of charge. They were successful in claiming just under £1100. There was no hassle just took a couple of weeks to get a reply.