First visit

pehlibaar

My husband and I will be travelling with my mom and our two kids (aged 6 and 9). This will be our first visit to Tortola and from what I understand the beaches are the main attraction. What would be a good beach for families that would also have maybe some local restaurants or even shops nearby? Kids would enjoy the beach, my mom would like to see any shopping. Are there tours that are recommended or anything particular on the island that is worth seeing? Would appreciate any info, thanks so much!

The Tortola beaches are indeed gorgeous and definitely worth part of your day. This thread, although older, will give you a description of the beaches and what you can expect to find at each. Cane Garden Bay would probably suit your kids the best...Myett’s in CGB had a small gift shop, I don’t know if that has reopened since Irma.

As far as shopping, there are some shops near the cruise dock that your mom could hit. Pusser’s Road Town Pub also has a clothing store with a unique clothing line.

https://pussers.com/our-locations/pussers-road-town-pub/

And Tortola is a beautiful island for a tour, there are safari-type taxi drivers at the dock offering nice tours, some with lunch/beach stops, at very reasonable prices.

So although there is not a beach with shopping nearby you have some options to look at.

• 3 weeks later...