Haunted Cruise ship?

pazandak63

My open mind is what keeps me from believing in such things.

I understand that most humans have this need to believe in supernatural, after life, miracles, gods, whatever. It is human nature for most.

Keeping an open mind is good...but being able to tell fantasy from reality is rare.

Ocham's Razor..it's not for shaving !!!

My open mind is what keeps me from believing in such things.

Well, some people believe, some know. I don't have a belief, I have a knowing. A belief is something someone tells you and you accept it as truth, a knowing is a feeling of truth from within.

An 'open' mind considers all the possibilities, never discounting the possibility that anything you can imagine, can in fact be real.

My high school prom, 30 years ago, was on the Queen Mary. It was incredible, and of course my group had to search the ship for ghosts. It was spooky, but only thing we found was some great places to make out!!! Would this count as my first cruise???

• 1 year later...

Travel Channel shows that British show 'Most Haunted.' Their last season started with a 2 week special on the QM. Lots of wierd stuff, including wet footprints leading away from the emptied pool and a wrench being thrown at a camera man in the engineering bay. Now, I do think some of that show is hyped up, but Ive seen some where I just dont know. In this case, I think they may have been faking it, but I give credit to the show for not trying to ALWAYS do it like every other ghost hunting show on tv. As for the "true" stuff...best episode was when they were in an old clock tower and asked for a sign that a "ghost" was there, and the clock froze until they asked the "ghost" to make it work again, and it repeated the act later....huge clock pendulum...I just dont know, that one had me jumping off my chair saying OOOOHHHH CRAP!!!...(in polite words)...but the QM...potentially scary!!

The Delta Queen Paddlewheel Steam Boat has had several hauntings by the same ghost over the years.

Once the ghost awoke a sleeping crewmember and led him to a leak that once repaired prevented the steamboat from sinking.

Yes, and my cabin was right across the hall from the "supposedly" haunted cabin. In fact, I had friends staying in there. They never "saw" anything, but said they definitely got some weird feelings in there.

Also, that Crescent Hotel in Arkansas is a neat place, but gave me the creeps!

I met a woman on a cruise once who after speaking with her for awhile (and thinking she was a very nice, normal person, no "weird" vibe or anything), explained to me that she spirits, was born with the ability to do it. Not only that, she had seen 2 on the ship we were on (Miracle). They weren't scary at all, just.... there.

Take that for what it's worth, I obviously can just share with you what she told me.

Archived