Eurodam Televisions

IPB4IGO

I understand that the Eurodam now has wall-mounted TVs in the cabins.  This morning we booked into a VB cabin for the Hawaii cruise out of San Diego in February.

My wife uses wireless headsets to hear the TV. 

Does anybody know if the TV our cabin will have an accessible headset jack?

Thanks.

I was on Eurodam last week, and I couldn't find any ports on the tv. It's firmly mounted, so you can't angle it away from the wall to check the back, and I didn't see it feel anything on the sides of bottom. The settings menu also doesn't have any options indicating the ability to pair with wireless devices. It was very limited; I couldn't even adjust the brightness of the screen.

If she needs it due to a hearing disability, maybe there's a way HAL can accommodate her? It's probably worth giving them a call to ask.

Shame about the new TVs. I would call and ask for accessibility services to ask for accommodations. And again on board if it fails on the phone. Chances are there's a port but it's inaccessible. Since you're talking about hearing assistance rather than a desire to watch your own content, I would think they'd be willing to take steps to comply. It seems unlikely they would be completely inaccessible to hard of hearing customers given how common hearing loss is in the line's primary demographic. Does she have hearing aids by any chance? They may have a straight to ear system available. And if not, that feels like an enormous oversight! (My university had a school for the deaf, so I got used the entire spectrum of hearing levels being served at all times. Ever since I've been flummoxed at the lack of basic accommodations in many settings.)

PS Are you on the sailing on the 3rd? If so, see you on board! 👋

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FulltimeRVer said:

I understand that the Eurodam now has wall-mounted TVs in the cabins.  This morning we booked into a VB cabin for the Hawaii cruise out of San Diego in February.

My wife uses wireless headsets to hear the TV. 

Does anybody know if the TV our cabin will have an accessible headset jack?

Thanks.

The advice to contact accessibility services is sound. The TVs do not have jacks you can get at easily. Many of the streaming shows are close captioned, but the live channels are not. 

• 1 month later...

We are currently on the Eurodam, in a Verandah cabin.  It has a 46" wall-mounted TV.  With a lot of effort and a scratched-up arm, I was able to get a headphone jack with a right-angle connector on the end hooked up to the audio-out jack on the back of the TV. I could not see the jack, so it was all done by feel. If my arm or hand were not pretty slim, I would not have been able to reach it.

3 hours ago, IPB4IGO said:

We are currently on the Eurodam, in a Verandah cabin.  It has a 46" wall-mounted TV.  With a lot of effort and a scratched-up arm, I was able to get a headphone jack with a right-angle connector on the end hooked up to the audio-out jack on the back of the TV. I could not see the jack, so it was all done by feel. If my arm or hand were not pretty slim, I would not have been able to reach it.

Thanks for the input. Next time probably good to call Guest Services or ask the cabin steward if he can help?