Kittiwake Snorkeling?

Vitamin Sea Addict

Thinking about doing USS Kittiwake Sunken Ship and Reef snorkel excursion (thru Carnival) this spring---the reviews are great but they seem to be mixed about whether beginning snorkelers would be okay with it. I understand that the wreck is deep and that my kids (6 & 8--who have done a little snorkeling in Mexico) won't be able to dive down to it. But--would we/they still enjoy snorkeling around?  I'd appreciate any recommendations or thoughts people have on it.

Thank you!

• 3 months later...

Wish we could say we did. The excursion was cancelled due to high surf. We weren't even able to port at the normal spot (they went to a different side of the island). I've since read that Grand Cayman is often cancelled or changed so if we revisited, I'd likely just go to the main beach and relax/shop. Our other ports of the trip were good for snorkeling.

• 2 weeks later...

The wreck has moved to deeper water after some storm surges and now lists on its side.  There is also little coral or sponge growth yet to take hold on the structure.  In my view, it is a much better dive site than a snorkel destination.  If you want to see a wreck starting about ~20ft below you or if you are able to free dive, it may be worth it.  

• 1 month later...