Ruby Princess TVs

CRUZIN SUSAN

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

You must have had an unlimited internet plan.

There is no internet needed to Airstream from a device to a TV equipped  with it. On my tablet it is called Smart View.  I forget what it was called on my windows notebook. Worked great 

1 hour ago, CRUZBUDS said:

There is no internet needed to Airstream from a device to a TV equipped  with it. On my tablet it is called Smart View.  I forget what it was called on my windows notebook. Worked great 

I don't think any Princess ship is equipped for Smart View. My DH has always used the HDMI cable for viewing. 

6 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I don't think any Princess ship is equipped for Smart View. My DH has always used the HDMI cable for viewing. 

Hi MissP22 -- Smartview is a feature of the TV, not the ship, my tablet calls it Smartview.  The Eurodam had Samsung , the TV called the input Screen Mirroring. 

I'm hoping the that LG TV on the Ruby will have a similar feature as long as I bring a remote to access it.   I'll bring an HDMI cable -- and hope something works.  It is nicer to view videos on a larger screen 

Edited by CRUZBUDS

11 hours ago, CRUZBUDS said:

Hi MissP22 -- Smartview is a feature of the TV, not the ship, my tablet calls it Smartview.  The Eurodam had Samsung , the TV called the input Screen Mirroring. 

I'm hoping the that LG TV on the Ruby will have a similar feature as long as I bring a remote to access it.   I'll bring an HDMI cable -- and hope something works.  It is nicer to view videos on a larger screen 

My DH has always used the HDMI cable on all the ships, even the Royal class ships, and never had any problems. The Smartview feature sound like a neat idea but all the reviews I've been reading don't think it's all that great.

Everyone says It keeps disconnecting.