Budget Car Rental near Port of Miami

stewarttm

I had planned on dropping off my rental car at the Budget location near the Port of Miami.  But now I am a little worried because I am reading nothing but terrible reviews.  Who has used this location? Thoughts?

Some reports on this board that they and other downtown locations sometimes get overwhelmed with cruisers.  I think dropping off may be easier than picking up.  Be ready to grab a taxi or Uber if you do not want to wait for their shuttle.

Or switch your reservation to an agency at MIA airport - taxi to the port will cost $27+ or you can Uber for about $20.  National, Alamo, Thrifty and enterprise offer free shuttles between their MIA airport location and POM.

• 2 months later...

I just got back from my cruise.  I will never use Budget Car Rental again.  It took over an hour and a half to pick up the car in Ft. Lauderdale and to drop it off near the Port of Miami was absolutely crazy.

On 3/10/2019 at 8:40 PM, stewarttm said:

I just got back from my cruise.  I will never use Budget Car Rental again.  It took over an hour and a half to pick up the car in Ft. Lauderdale and to drop it off near the Port of Miami was absolutely crazy.

If you join their loyalty program, after you first rental you just walk up and pick up your rental car info to the left of the counters. You then walk out to get your car, no waiting.

• 1 month later...
On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:40 PM, hannibal54 said:

If you join their loyalty program, after you first rental you just walk up and pick up your rental car info to the left of the counters. You then walk out to get your car, no waiting.

we just got off our cruise on SUnday and took over an hour to get our car and they said they did not offer this at this location. Never again 

1 hour ago, jackie101 said:

we just got off our cruise on SUnday and took over an hour to get our car and they said they did not offer this at this location. Never again 

Yes I know that, I was talking about picking up your car at FLL. The last few times we use SAS to FLL and picked up the rental car rather than wait near the POM.