"Old" member/new format

I have been a member on this sight for 14+ years.  I was always so happy to post all my cruises under my signature so I could have a running commentary of our cruise history to look back, smile, and remember them.  I just tried adding 2 future cruises to my signature and this sight wouldn't let me.  Apparently I am over the number of lines permitted now.  Since you cannot see my past cruise history without pushing a down arrow, what is the harm?  I am very disappointed.

Edited by Michelemerlot
typo

32 minutes ago, Michelemerlot said:

I have been a member on this sight for 14+ years.  I was always so happy to post all my cruises under my signature so I could have a running commentary of our cruise history to look back, smile, and remember them.  I just tried adding 2 future cruises to my signature and this sight wouldn't let me.  Apparently I am over the number of lines permitted now.  Since you cannot see my past cruise history without pushing a down arrow, what is the harm?  I am very disappointed.

I understand the nostalgia; you could of course save your cruise history on a document on your computer, and pull it up daily (or more often) for a smile.  :classic_smile:  But I think the purpose of signatures (to the extent there is one) is not for us to store our own cruising history, but to see what type of experience a poster has, which can help evaluate the merit of his/her advice.   (And some posters include links to what can be useful reviews, photos, etc.)

Here's a tip for having a signature now that is within the six-line limit but actually gets you a lot of bang for your buck: when you edit your existing signature, do not hit the "enter" key to create new lines or breaks between cruises. Just put some sort of other break (a semicolon, a bullet) between your cruises.  (See my signature as an example.)  And many thanks to poster POA1 for the "how to" on this. 

Edited by Turtles06