Question about Carnival's under 2 time

Jlk88

Hello. My DH, 3yo daughter, 11 month old son and i are cruising Carnival next month. From what I can tell on the website there are certain hours each day that babies under 2 can use Camp Ocean with their parents for free, or be dropped off for $6.50/hr. Does anyone know if this means that Camp Ocean is closed for the older kids at these times? DH and I were thinking it would be nice to enjoy a drink and a book by the pool for an hour or two at some point, but only if we can drop both of our kids off at the same time.

TIA!

Also, we have no interest in the night owls program. We will probably all be going to bed early!

Here is what the website says

.com.google.Chrome.MP01Rf

ETA: that was supposed to be a screenshot, but I'm not sure if it worked.

Basically it said that on sea days certain hours are set aside for children under 2, and parents can either stay and play with them, or drop them off for a fee. I get the impression that it is closed to the 2+ crowd during that time, which would defeat the purpose for us. You can also drop them off on port days for a fee, but we would never do that.

Edited by Jlk88

I have the same impression as you jlk.  All Disney, most royal Caribbean and the ncl escape  have a fee nursery for children under 3.  After both your kids are 2, carnival and Cunard will allow them to attend drop off programs.  Sorry about this

I just checked and the carnival site says that “under 2 time” is s only for children under two and will occur during hours that are not activity times for other ages. Also it’s repeatedly stated that under 2 times vary by ship. I can tell you that we have been on several carnival cruises and the under two time was 8-10am before camp opened to the older kids. I have not encountered a carnival cruise that offered for-fee babysitting except night owls,although I do see that listed on the website for port days. Since it’s a port day this could have to coincide with other age groups at camp but it’s stated that “under 2’s” cannot participate with older ages for activity time. This must be relatively new or only on some ships though because we were recently on the liberty (sept 2018) and the sunshine and didn’t see any babies in any of the kids areas....

Edited by Umwakichwa

Thank you for your replies. We knew he wouldn't be allowed in the clubs when we booked, but when I saw that info on the website, I thought "ooh, maybe some kid-free sunbathing time!" Hubby and I will just take turns giving each other a couple of hours. We have cruised together 3 times, but never with kids, so it will be a new experience!