which airport to fly into?

elmtree

We just booked a New England, Canada cruise for Oct..which airport should we look for flights into at New York?..Kennedy or LGA? We used the Princess website to book with...I was surprised to see that they had an online booking system..The cruise we took with them last year had to be booked with another online provider...So, thanks for any advise.

As far as NY airports go, I personally prefer JFK. However, JFK and LGA aren't too far from each other. I would base my decision on which airport offers more convenient flight schedules.

Where do you need to go after you land? That may make your decision easier.

I'm not up on Princess' air, but flying into NYC you can usually get pretty good fares directly from the airlines or check with cheapair.com

Either airport is convenient to Redhook ( that's where Princess is cruising from?). If you're planning on coming in a day early and/or leaving a day late you can also check out Newark (EWR) and stay in Jersey City- beautiful views of the city and only a short trainride into NYC

Thanks guys; I probably should have been more exact in my question..I was wondering which airport is closer to the port of sailing...I have never sailed from New York before, and wanted to use the closest and most convenient to the ship...

Thanks guys; I probably should have been more exact in my question..I was wondering which airport is closer to the port of sailing...I have never sailed from New York before, and wanted to use the closest and most convenient to the ship...

Whether you are sailing from Cape Liberty (Bayone) or the passenger terminal in Manhattan, Newark is probably most convenient.

We just booked a New England, Canada cruise for Oct..which airport should we look for flights into at New York?..Kennedy or LGA? We used the Princess website to book with...I was surprised to see that they had an online booking system..The cruise we took with them last year had to be booked with another online provider...So, thanks for any advise.

Switching subjects a little..... even though you booked through Princess, you can (up until final payment) transfer your booking to a cruise agent and save additional money. Booking directly with Princess is usually the most expensive way to book.

Enjoy your cruise - we sailed to New England/Canada last year out of NYC.

Well, I priced several different options and booking directly with Princess got us what I think is a pretty good deal...they gave me the mini that I wanted and at a saving of 900.00 each..so though that was pretty good...I have not yet decided what to do about air fare, but might just pay them the extra monies and use Princess air, just to be sure we wont miss the ship...I know they are more expensive on the air, but might be worth the piece of mind..

So, like I stated before...Thank you soo much for your imput...We have cruised several times in the last 5 years, and could not have done it nearly as stress free without your help....

Well, I priced several different options and booking directly with Princess got us what I think is a pretty good deal...they gave me the mini that I wanted and at a saving of 900.00 each..so though that was pretty good...

I meant to say there are TAs out there that will discount whatever Princess quotes you or what you book through Princess (and you can keep the same cabin, etc.). So if you do ever want to save more, you can. It is up to you if you want to pay full commission to Princess or not.

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived