NCL App

CozGurl

Has anyone used the NCL app once on board to communicate with others? Do you recall the charge? And I assume the charge is per person using their phone? Would you be able to then communicate with other people you meet that are paying for the app and not just the people in your party? 

I'm sure others who have cruised more than I have will have a more technically accurate answer, but we used the NCL app while on the Pearl in Alaska.  We were able to send messages via the app but it wasn't a perfect way to communicate.  As I recall we had to go to the app to see if we had messages rather than getting alerts.  We ended up using sms texting which worked out nicely.  We also set a specific time to check the apps/texts so that we knew that our messages would be seen by those times. 

I see that there are two apps to choose from, some of the smaller ships don't use the newer NCL app (iConcierge) and but the application says that there is no separate internet charge to use it.