Picky about my Champagne

Set2Sail

Please don't judge...but hubby and I are thinking about a SS cruise in April, and I am concerned about the champagne selection. All I hear about is the free Pommery. Are other champagnes available? Are they gratis?

Thanks!

Jen

Set2Sail,

Pommery is the Champagne that is put in your suite but Perrier Jouet is served on the rest of the ship which I prefer and asked for in my suite and there was no problem.I also purchased Cristal in the Le Champagne Restaurant as wines are charged for but will shortly change to a charge for the food ,with wines included to compliment each course

John

Thanks for the info. I like Veuve, Domaine Carneros, Domaine Chandon, Gloria Ferrer, Bollinger...a whole gamut and don't want to be stuck with one choice.

But only two of your five listed here are from Champagne

The other three are sparkling wines from California

Although the Gloria ferrer is not bad

John :)

There is absolutely no reason why you can't bring champagnes/sparklers on board that you like before and during the cruise. There is no corkage fee. I always picked up some wines/champagnes/sparklers whenever we were in port to drink on board when we were on our last two cruises - lots of very good french, italian, and aussie reds, whites, and sparklers.

There is absolutely no reason why you can't bring champagnes/sparklers on board that you like before and during the cruise. There is no corkage fee. I always picked up some wines/champagnes/sparklers whenever we were in port to drink on board when we were on our last two cruises - lots of very good french, italian, and aussie reds, whites, and sparklers.

Pterostyrax,

Thanks for the info! I had no idea that we could bring alcohol on board. I brought 9 bottles of champagne with me on board Royal Caribbean Jewel last year, but they were very vocal about the policy.

Cheers!

Jean Sebastion, the head sommelier on the Shadow, will treat you like royalty if you bring good wine on board to be served with dinner. Make certain that your sommelier at the table breaks out the good wine glasses and decanter for wines that will improve after a little decanting. We always offered the sommeliers and maitre'D a taste of the wines. Again, we were always treated like royalty I think in large part because of our generosity with the wines we brought on board. Needless to say, they were some very good wines.

One very nice touch is that they will save the wines for you to drink at a later meal if you don't finish them at one sitting. For example, we would always start the meal with a champagne/sparkler, then move onto a white (when appropriate) wine for the appetizer, a red for the main course, and then a dessert/sweet wine for dessert. The sommelier will store the unused portions in the ships wine cellars under your cabin number and you can request them at later meals.

Archived