Capt. Marvin 8:30 tour - too early?

Beachiekeen

If our ship (Carnival Vista) gets in at 7:00 am and the first tender is 7:15, is it safe to book the 8:30 am tour with Captain Marvin?  We are not in a suite or have FTTF so don't have any priority tender.  I don't really want to wait until 11:15 since our day is short.  TIA.

I would differently go to Captain Mavin website. I was going to book a certain time and he sent me back a email telling me that since we were tendering he would have to give me a later tour. He knows the cruise ships and knows that you would have to walk and check-in time and how long it would take before your tour leaves.

Tender rides at Grand Cayman are very short, maybe 5 minutes tops.  Getting on and off takes another 5 minutes or so.  You will have plenty of time as long as you get on one of the early tenders.  All the tenders hold about 250 people each, and once one pulls away from ship, another one is waiting to pull up.  It is very fast getting everyone onboard to shore who wants to go to shore.

2015Cayman575-L.jpg

Edited by ABQrobin