Enchantment or Majesty

I am a diamond member so hubby and I have sailed plenty but we were booked on the Enchantment for 2/23/06 but after seeing all the Negative posts we are thinking of Majesty basically we just wanted some nice RR in Key Werst in and Cozumel would you change?

Lexi

I just got home from the Enchantment yesterday. We saw no hurricane damage in Key West. The ship looks very nice but Cozumel is destroyed. There is nothing to do there except go shopping at jewelry stores and buy cheap quality t-shirts. I don't think Cozumel is ready for tourists yet.

We also are Diamond members and have been on the Majesty several times. You can't beat the warm family feel from the crew on the Majesty.

A few years ago we sailed the Enchantment and got a great deal on a suite. It was fantastic. I thought the ship, was beautiful. I guess it depends on what accomidations you have, but we loved it! I say give her a try.

We just booked the Grandeur, a new ship for us in Feb. We too were leary trying a new ship instead of the Majesty, but went for it. The Majesty will be there when we need her.

Hope this helps!

I am a diamond member so hubby and I have sailed plenty but we were booked on the Enchantment for 2/23/06 but after seeing all the Negative posts we are thinking of Majesty basically we just wanted some nice RR in Key Werst in and Cozumel would you change?

Lexi

NO....I think the Enchantment blows the Majesty away. By far. I was on her in November, and had a great time, no issues at all. I think to be fair, you should do a search on the board for other reviews. Of course there will be signs of hurricane damage in ports, but the ship is great, and I think you would regret it if you went on the Majesty. Not even the same class of ship. Majesty is older(by 5 years) and smaller.

Go and have a great time. Just remember to take a pen, and a clock.;)(from another review)

I'm so sure you would like it, I'd bet your name would change to "Enchantment Fan"...

I must disagree on Cozumel...there were plenty of things to do...you can still do some great swimming and snorkeling, just not all locations are open. Most of the beach areas are open for visitors, too. I think the downtown stores were well-prepared for tourists when we were there last month.

We have been on the Enchantment since it was stretched and it is fabulous. I would definitely choose it over the Majesty if only because of the solarium, the new pool area, Boleros, and the availability of Chops restaurant. A great ship that was made even better when it was stretched.

I just got home from the Enchantment yesterday. We saw no hurricane damage in Key West. The ship looks very nice but Cozumel is destroyed. There is nothing to do there except go shopping at jewelry stores and buy cheap quality t-shirts. I don't think Cozumel is ready for tourists yet.

Steve,

We are already booked. Anything to do there for a 5,7 and 9 year old?:confused:

Steve,

We are already booked. Anything to do there for a 5,7 and 9 year old?:confused:

Here's a good website that will tell you what's open, and what there is to do there, since the hurricane. Contrary to what some people believe, it's not just propaganda. There are many things to do there.

http://www.wilmacozumel.com/

You can also try the links posted on that site for more information.

Other useful sites for information about Cozumel after Wilma:

cometocozumel.com ~ travelnotes.cc ~ cozumelmycozumel.com ~ islacozumel.com.mx

Archived