bucerias bus from port

tango55

You will find various beachrestaurants on the northside of Ave. Pacifico.

You can take the bus at the stop across from the cruiseterminal. more or less in front of Walmart. There will be a guy with a clipboard who can tell which bus you need to take. Get off at the centro stop and walk towards to ocean.

51 minutes ago, rnr4thatsme said:

What forms of payment does the bus accept now, and how much is it?  I heard it changed from my last trip.

The bus to Bucerias still accepts Pesos. I am not sure what the rate is, my best guess is like Pesos 40 per person per ride.

Many of those buses donot have airco however.

Buses in Puerto Vallarta are still a mix of old ones, new ones with or without airco, in most of them you can still pay cash (Pesos 10 per person per ride), even if they have the special machines for cashless on board. Very confusing of course.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 5:58 PM, tango55 said:

instead of heading to the malecon ,could we catch a bus near the port to visit bucerias for the day.11 hr. stop on the ruby.any tips for a beach restaurant too.thanks tango55

I cannot give you restaurant tips, but you can get a bus to Bucerias by simply crossing the main road (that runs in front of the port) over the Sam's Club/Walmart side of the road.  Along that main road, in front of Walmart/Sams you will see a bus stop which is where you want to walk.  At the bus stop there are folks who will ask where you want to go and direct you to the appropriate bus.  Make sure to double check that you are boarding the correct bus (the destination is on the front and you can also ask the driver).  Be prepared to pay in Pesos as there is never a guarantee that a driver will take US Dollars.

As Ine said, our current bus situation is in a state of flux/change.  New buses are still being phased in and the payment system seems to vary from bus to bus (this eventually should get straightened out).  For now, have Pesos and the driver will help you through the payment procedure which might mean paying the driver (who will usually be able to make change) or the driver might want you to drop the fare into a new electronic cash box.  Since arriving here nearly 2 weeks ago we never know what to expect when we board a bus (and we are very used to riding buses here).  The good news is that the quality of most of the buses have improved over the past few months/years.

For those who want to pay with US Dollars, it is truly hit/miss.  It seems that the decision on accepting dollars is entirely up to each driver.  If they do accept dollars you are probably going to get an awful exchange rate.  

Hank