Port Everglades - ride drop off

Tigergenesis

If having a local friend drop you off at the terminal, will there be any problems with them getting though security if they are not sailing?Ā  We are sailing with several other people and one person is going to visit a friend before the cruise.Ā  She is wondering if her friend can drop her off rather than taking a taxi/Uber.Ā Ā 

Ā 

TIA

From the Port Everglades website (http://www.porteverglades.net/cruising/arriving-and-departing/šŸ˜ž

Ā 

Bring government-issued photo ID. Anyone 18-years-old and older mustĀ produce a government-issued photoĀ ID (such as a drivers license or passport) at the security checkpoint before entering the Port.

Ā 

Keep identification/cruise documents handy.Ā Put them in your carry-on bag. Do not pack them in your checked luggage. You will need to produce these documents several times before boarding your ship.

Ā 

Ā 

1 minute ago, capriccio said:

From the Port Everglades website (http://www.porteverglades.net/cruising/arriving-and-departing/šŸ˜ž

Ā 

Bring government-issued photo ID. Anyone 18-years-old and older mustĀ produce a government-issued photoĀ ID (such as a drivers license or passport) at the security checkpoint before entering the Port.

Ā 

Keep identification/cruise documents handy.Ā Put them in your carry-on bag. Do not pack them in your checked luggage. You will need to produce these documents several times before boarding your ship.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Thank you.Ā  For some reason I thought I remembered being asked to show our boarding pass....this is what made me concerned if someone in the vehicle does not have one (because they are just dropping off).Ā  I thought I had also heard others say this has happened as well.