No ship model on the Amsterdam

portofrome

I'm currently on the amsterdam for the panama canal cruise from Los Angeles to Miami. I collect all the ship model where I sail and I booked online my ship model (to be sure to get it) last August. When I boarded I got my card confirmation about the ship model purchase but no ship model in the cabin. On this cruise the shops were closed for the first 2 days because hal changed the brand in the shops..anyway the third day I went to the shop to inquire about the ship model and they said no more ship model on the ship and suggested me to go to the information desk. So I did and there they told me that they will investigate or at they will refund me ( I dont mind about the money but I do want the ship model). I met the hotel director and informed him about all my story to try if he can have a solution for my ship model....  At this moment we are almost at the end of the cruise (tomorrow panama canal transit and then cartegena before to arrive in fort lauderdale) and any reply back to me so I would try to send an email to hal headquarter to try to have the ship model. Please, anyone of you can suggest me which email? Thanks in advance.

15477657113712570196528434628893.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I also did not get my preordered Amsterdam model in September. Just got off Nieuw Statendam and the bad news is that the new shop on-board no longer sells the same ship model style. The new model is made of delft, smaller, lighter in weight, and not as detailed. The cost is $80. I am worried that all HAL ships will go this way regarding the ship model. I refuse to pay $80 for this model. All my previous models are of course the older design which were a great model and affordable. 

13 hours ago, rescueranger said:

I also did not get my preordered Amsterdam model in September. Just got off Nieuw Statendam and the bad news is that the new shop on-board no longer sells the same ship model style. The new model is made of delft, smaller, lighter in weight, and not as detailed. The cost is $80. I am worried that all HAL ships will go this way regarding the ship model. I refuse to pay $80 for this model. All my previous models are of course the older design which were a great model and affordable. 

This is a very bad new! I will be on the Veendam on May and hope to get the old one....