Genoa to Port- Taxi? transfer?

Finplan

Reviewed a lot of info on the boards.  Still undecided on whether to take a taxi? or book a transfer from Genoa to Port.  I like to take a taxi to talk to driver, but never been outside of North America and nervous about the language as we really only speak English and a tiny bit of French.  I read the taxis are highly regulated so that is a plus.  Anyone have any experience what they did recently and cost. 

We are family of 4, traveling to Europe for the first time.

thanks

Paid 30 Euro for the two of us, each way. We speak zero italian, but the cab drivers are safe and regulated IMO. They will all understand "Cruise Port" and "Genoa Airport", so I wouldn't worry about communication barrier. This will be your cheapest option, as cruise transfers are quite expensive, especially with a family of 4. We also liked the flexibility and swiftness of hopping right into a cab, without waiting for a bus to fill up. Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

Get a picture of your ship, print it on a sheet of paper with the words:

Per favore, il terminal crociere.

Nave MSC (name of your ship).

Grazie

I do the same for different languages I may encounter in different ports of call.

For my part, I can understand and speak some Italian and Spanish, so I know my translations are OK.  For arabic, I asked a trusted friend write my note.  This is my little insurance along with enough cash for a cab in my "what if kit".

You will make it!  There is only 1 cruise terminal in Genoa, and if I recall only 2 or 3 berths, close together, for cruise ships.