galaxy sky suites

medsailing

Does anyone have any first hand information about the Sky Suites on the Sky Deck of the Celebrity Galaxy? I have heard that this ship is one of those that has an inherent vibration noise which is most apparent in the back end of the ship. Is this a problem in these rooms on the sky deck as the rooms available on our proposed sailing date are further back toward the aft elevators? I am also prone to motion sickness. Would being higher up on the ship be more of a problem for me?

Does anyone have any first hand information about the Sky Suites on the Sky Deck of the Celebrity Galaxy? I have heard that this ship is one of those that has an inherent vibration noise which is most apparent in the back end of the ship. Is this a problem in these rooms on the sky deck as the rooms available on our proposed sailing date are further back toward the aft elevators? I am also prone to motion sickness. Would being higher up on the ship be more of a problem for me?
Just off the ship last month, Sky Suite, Sky Deck, Galaxy.

Vibration was pretty much solely a function of arrivals and departures from port, and up that high, we didn't notice it as much in our cabin as we did if we happened to be on lower decks at these times.

One can only imagine that being higher up, there may be added motion in the event that the ship is doing a side/side motion (roll). As we had some weather leaving Galveston for the first day and a half, we had a chance to experience what pitch and roll there was, and it wasn't very much. The only odd thing was the orientation of the bed -- feet towards the veranda in a side cabin, and that felt a bit odd. We've grown accustomed to head-to-toe rocking orientations on the M-Class ship cabins we've been in in more recent history. Had forgotten this point of C-Class suites. However, we don't mind the motion, and if you are prone to motion sickness, and your itinerary is prone to some seas, you might as well prepare for this in advance no matter where you'll be sleeping.

Just a suggestion -- wherever you are sitting, especially at meals, orient yourself such that you're rocking front/back and not side/side. You'll find that motion much more natural and comfortable. Of course, if there's significant roll for whatever reason, that's impossible in the main theater.

The vibration occurs when they turn the thrusters on to make port maneveurs and lasts about five minutes. From our previous experience on the Century, these vibrations are pretty much limited to the actual aft cabins. We were also on the last cabin on the sky deck on the Galaxy and there were no vibrations whatsoever. All the cabins on the sky deck are very convienent. Only one deck down to the buffet and pool area and a short walk to the back to grab elevator to main dining room. No problem with motion sickness. You really can't go wrong with the sky suites, great verandas.

We were in sky suite 1208 on the Galaxy and experienced no problems. My wife is also prone to seasickness but never had a problem on this ship.

When were you on the Galaxy? We will be in 1208 in March. I have read many reviews about the Galaxy and some people say how 'worn' the Galaxy is and in new of repairs. Did you find your cabin to be OK?

When were you on the Galaxy? We will be in 1208 in March. I have read many reviews about the Galaxy and some people say how 'worn' the Galaxy is and in new of repairs. Did you find your cabin to be OK?
Just got off before Christmas. My only major gripe has been the condition of the forward observation lounge windows.

The cabin itself (we were in 1202) including its soft furnishings was in very good condition, as was the veranda area.

When were you on the Galaxy? We will be in 1208 in March. I have read many reviews about the Galaxy and some people say how 'worn' the Galaxy is and in new of repairs. Did you find your cabin to be OK?[:o /quote]

We were on a 10 day cruise on the Galaxy two years ago so things might have changed since then. However we thoroughly enjoyed the Galaxy and thought it was one of our best cruises. The cabin was nice and adequate but not what I would call great. 1208 has one of the larger balconies and is more private from the adjoining balconies than others. We didnt feel like the cabin was worn but again that could have changed by now. It is a great location and the fact that a part of the balcony is exposed to the deck above was never a problem. Have a great cruise!

1202, that's my cabin 3/20/06. I plan on using the verandah as much as possible. I have a picture of it on my desktop wallpaper and I look at it everyday and count the days till will be on it!
If you want a couple of shots of that very cabin and its veranda (hey, make a collage for your desktop!), check the link in the signature line below.

Archived