Using Gift Cards for Sale and Sign

twinmom2298

When you are checking in on embarkation day can you use a gift card to put money on sail and sign instead of giving them a credit card.  Or can you give them a credit card at embarkation but pay for balance prior to debarkation with gift cards?

Our excursions, Cheers, and gratuities will be paid for pre-cruise.  So the sail and sign will just be for misc. stuff.

you can give them a credit card at embarkation to speed up check. Then later on when guest service is not busy stop by and apply the gift card to your account. Or you can use the sail n sign kiosk machines by guest services to apply the gift card. 

When you check in at the port they will apply the gift cards for you, this will avoid you having to stand in the LONG lines at guest services when you board. 

Also, no need to provide a credit card unless you want to. 

I always check in oline using a credit card for my Sail & Sign.  Then sometime during the cruise whenever there is no line, so not the first day, I visit guest services and apply my gift cards.  They will use the gift cards before using the credit card.  Be sure to get a receipt when you apply the gift cards.  My sister's cards were never applied to her account and had she not have had the receipts, she wouldn't have been able to prove it. 

I get dinged in and head right to guest services, it’s the first thing I do.    Apply gift cards and/or room swap/get keys squared away on our room swaps.   There’s never been much of a line that early.   Many seem to be headed for food or walking around in a state of confusion.  

Edited by fuddrules