Shaka or Gypsy app for road to Hana

papa B me

We will be headed to Hawaii 3 weeks from tomorrow for a precruise stay on Waikiki then the Pride of America Cruise leaving Feb 23.  We have a car rented for Maui and plan on driving the Road to Hana our first day.  I've seen both Shaka and Gypsy apps mentioned with mostly positive reviews.  Anyone have an opinion of which one would be better?

I have tried to research this myself.  The Maui forum on Trip Advisor recommends Gypsy.  I think that is because Shaka includes the backside of Hana.  From what I have seen, people recommend the app they have used and all have been happy with both. Shaka is only for Hawaii and Gypsy is across the US.

Thanks!  After 2 years of planning it doesn't seem real that I will be waking up 3 weeks from today and looking out my window of the bedroom of our condo at the sun rising on Waikiki beach.  Now the last minute details.

2 hours ago, papa B me said:

Thanks!  After 2 years of planning it doesn't seem real that I will be waking up 3 weeks from today and looking out my window of the bedroom of our condo at the sun rising on Waikiki beach.  Now the last minute details.

I can't WAIT to hear all about it!  Have a wonderful time!