Is it possible to visit St Barts when making a port stop in St Maarten?

Vikingmum

Would it be possible to visit St Barts during a port stop in St Maarten? We are doing a B2B on Liberty of the seas this summer and will visit St Maarten twice . We got this crazy idea that during one of the stops we would like to go to St Barts. Since we are from Sweden and St Barts used to be a Swedish colony back in the 1700´s, we thought it would be interesting to show our children (teenagers) this interesting Island or at least the capital Gustavia.  I visited both islands in the early 1990´s and remember taking a ferry from St Maarten to St Barts. As I remember it, the ferry trip took about 45 min- 1hour and there were a few ferries going back and forth between the islands each day. I don´t remember exactly where the ferry left from , and whether it is the same harbour as the Cruise ships use? Or if the ferries even run any more? If anyone has any information about this, I would be most grateful!

Princess cruise offers a tour called St Barts on your own that includes transportation to St. Barts by vessel and then 3 hours to explore St Barts on your own.  The tour runs from 11 till 4:30.  Do not know anything about the tour but if the cruise line offers it must be doable.