Vision has mini-golf? Where?

Yosef42

I noticed (okay, it was on the front page today) that Vision OTS has a new CC review up, which I took a look at. I noticed that it mentioned, in two places, that there is a mini-golf course, but I didn't see one on the deck plans. Can anyone who's been tell me where it's hiding?

-Y

There were so many errors in that article about Vision that the author lost all credability with me. She stated that the Vision was the lead ship in the building, when infact she was the last of the six to be built. Splendour and Legend are the only two that have the gold course.

Hmm. I was wondering why the reviewer was conspicuously British. Now that you mention it, I see that Legend (unlike Vision) does some cruises out of Southampton. I wonder if this was just a colossal mix-up.

Ah, well. Like the rumored alternative restaurant, I didn't expect mini-golf so I'll be just fine without it.

-Y

Hello! I too was surprised to see the author bragging about the mini golf, however, there IS a crappy mini golf located behind the solarium on the Vision of the Seas. I know because I had to buy everyone a round of drinks when I lost to everyone on the Mexican Riviera in 2001!!! It's like in between the smoke stack and solarium I think...in a very random place. It's more like they took a few slabs of astroturf and laid them down in between a wind tunnel like area. As sorry an excuse it is for mini golf, it actually does exist!

LaUrA

Hello! I too was surprised to see the author bragging about the mini golf, however, there IS a crappy mini golf located behind the solarium on the Vision of the Seas. I know because I had to buy everyone a round of drinks when I lost to everyone on the Mexican Riviera in 2001!!! It's like in between the smoke stack and solarium I think...in a very random place. It's more like they took a few slabs of astroturf and laid them down in between a wind tunnel like area. As sorry an excuse it is for mini golf, it actually does exist!

LaUrA

So its indoors? Because in 2005 behind the funnel was the rock climbing wall

Are you sure that was VISION and not just a VISION CLASS ship? I know that Legend (a vision-class ship) has a just-shy-of-18 hole course (one or two holes got lopped off to make room for the rock climbing wall), and it's in pretty sad shape these days, but I was just on vision this last spring, and never found any mini-golf.

The Vision used to have 2 putting greens. Each was about the size of a shuffleboard court. They were on deck 10, between the solarium and the fitness center. When they put in the climbing wall, they changed the course of the jogging track to go through where the putting greens were. We were on the Vision in 2001 and 2005. One of the things we noticed.

Are you sure that was VISION and not just a VISION CLASS ship? I know that Legend (a vision-class ship) has a just-shy-of-18 hole course (one or two holes got lopped off to make room for the rock climbing wall), and it's in pretty sad shape these days, but I was just on vision this last spring, and never found any mini-golf.

Please, don't insult my memory. I can tell the difference between ships and yes I'm 100% positive it was the VISION and not just a VISION class, but thanks anyway. They must have gotten rid of it since then but trust me, unless the Grandeur or Rhapsody was somehow sailing the Mexican Riviera and the group of people that I met from California happened to be on those ships also, it was the Vision.

Please, don't insult my memory. I can tell the difference between ships and yes I'm 100% positive it was the VISION and not just a VISION class, but thanks anyway. They must have gotten rid of it since then but trust me, unless the Grandeur or Rhapsody was somehow sailing the Mexican Riviera and the group of people that I met from California happened to be on those ships also, it was the Vision.

Vision deffinately had mini golf. I played it. I enjoyed it. I have no clue if it is still there.

P.S. It was small and out of the way.

Read post # 12.

Please, don't insult my memory. I can tell the difference between ships and yes I'm 100% positive it was the VISION and not just a VISION class, but thanks anyway. QUOTE]

No insult implied, sorry if it came across that way. I didn't actually read your signature (and yes, I should have), or I would have noticed that you had been on a number of ships and would have known for sure. I met people on Legend who couldn't remember the name of the ship they were ON, so it wouldn't be unheard of. ;) [shoot, give me a couple of drinks and I might forget too!]

I noticed the same thing with that article and was really confused. The only 2 ships in the Vision family with mini-golf are the Legend and Splendour. The ships are sisters but more like twin sisters. You can pair them up as Legend/Splendour, Grandeur/Enchantment and Rhapsody/Vision. Those are the pairs of ships that are truly the same......

Archived