Embassy Suites/Shuttle Question

OnlineMom

I was quoted a pre-cruise price (~$265/night) at the Embassy Suites that includes "shuttle service for 2 to Port Everglades". There are actually going to be four of us in need of shuttle to the port (2 adults and 2 children) - anyone here have any idea how much it'll be for the 2 kids in addition?

Also - do the hotels in FLL have busses/shuttles that run from the airport to their hotels regularly (no advance notice required) like they do here in Los Angeles?

Thanks!

Embassy Suites no longer has a shuttle from the airport to the hotel.

They have a shuttle from the hotel to the pier for a price of $5.00 per person.

I assume this applies to children also.

For the price of two people (plus tip) you should be able to get a taxi from the hotel to the pier for the 4 of you.

I would get the hotel to drop the shuttle portion of your reservation and take a taxi.

I "shopped" for a pre-cruise room all day and finally ended up booking the Renaissance. (We always try to stay Marriott when possible for points. ;) )

I appreciate the input!

Are there any good spots/rooms to catch good views of the port? My kids would love to see ships (especially ours!) coming in!

The BEST place to watch the ships at Port Everglades is from the top of the SE 17th Street bridge. It's a very easy walk from the Renaissance (just across the street). Walk up the sidewalk on the south side/east bound lane of the bridge. There are little platforms at the top where you can stand and watch the ships. The view is spectacular and you can see the entire port, turning basin, channel, etc.

The BEST place to watch the ships at Port Everglades is from the top of the SE 17th Street bridge. It's a very easy walk from the Renaissance (just across the street). Walk up the sidewalk on the south side/east bound lane of the bridge. There are little platforms at the top where you can stand and watch the ships. The view is spectacular and you can see the entire port, turning basin, channel, etc.

I've seen that bridge mentioned before! We'll definitely have to make our way there... Is any one time of night/day better for viewing?

I've seen that bridge mentioned before! We'll definitely have to make our way there... Is any one time of night/day better for viewing?

Well you can go over there anytime, but the ships come in VERY early in the morning, normally between 5-7am, and then they usually leave between 4:30-5:30pm

Well you can go over there anytime, but the ships come in VERY early in the morning, normally between 5-7am, and then they usually leave between 4:30-5:30pm

Ugh - I was worried that might be the case... Coming from the west coast, I doubt that we'll be "adjusted" and up at 5-7 am EST our first morning in Florida!

Thanks so much for the information, Trent!

Archived