MSC customer service/online check in so awful!

conshek

This is not our first time on MSC but it may be our last!  Has anyone else had major issues checking in on-line for their cruise?  I'm on the Meraviglia that leaves Rome on FEB 17th and it's been one thing after another.  The TA I booked thru has been on the phone countless times with MSC for them to fix errors.  It seems that once MSC fixes an error, a new one appears.  ie., a child changes from "F" to "M", or it says I haven't paid for the cruise.  I have entered and re-entered our passport info countless times.  It seems when MSC "fixes" something the info I had already entered disappears.  My member status is also messed up.  I'm listed as classic on the MSC app but the MSC website shows black.  My TA said I had to contact MSC directly and of course MSC is giving me a run around.   I guess I'll just stick with the classic and maybe I can show them a print out or screen shot of the black status.  Here's hoping the cruise goes is better than MSC customer service!!

Edited by conshek

MSC's system is just garbage. They should probably fire the whole IT team and build everything from scratch. 

Try this email:

MSCExistingReservations@msccruisesusa.com

They fixed a bunch of website and account issues for me. Phone customer service is totally useless.

30 minutes ago, thetaro said:

MSC's system is just garbage. They should probably fire the whole IT team and build everything from scratch. 

Try this email:

MSCExistingReservations@msccruisesusa.com

They fixed a bunch of website and account issues for me. Phone customer service is totally useless.

Thank you!   I’m sending them a message now but I’m not holding my breath!

They'll get it sorted.  Remember, Italians believe that as long as the shoes and bag/belt match, everything else is ok. 

Their website is crap, though.  I couldn't get my booking to link with my account. They were both there, but I had to log in with the booking number option to see it. Called and they fixed it. Took a day.

Keep us updated!

Hi...yes ....a couple of years ago we had numerous problems with the online check in....mistake after  mistake right up to the last minute....I was doubtful that I would have my boarding documents ....they finally came through the evening before we set off for the cruise...phew. I also received an email from MSC saying to go to reception once we were on board ....which I did. They informed me the gratuities were taken care of for the entire cruise...as way of compensation so MSC came through in the end but it had been rather stressful.

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 3:26 PM, janny444 said:

Hi...yes ....a couple of years ago we had numerous problems with the online check in....mistake after  mistake right up to the last minute....I was doubtful that I would have my boarding documents ....they finally came through the evening before we set off for the cruise...phew. I also received an email from MSC saying to go to reception once we were on board ....which I did. They informed me the gratuities were taken care of for the entire cruise...as way of compensation so MSC came through in the end but it had been rather stressful.

Hi Janny, You are right they are the worst C/S/ of any Cruise line, Also they did you no favours RE Gratuities, You don't have to pay them if you don't want to, Just go to the Service desk and Cancel them when on board. 

10 hours ago, edsareg said:

Hi Janny, You are right they are the worst C/S/ of any Cruise line, Also they did you no favours RE Gratuities, You don't have to pay them if you don't want to, Just go to the Service desk and Cancel them when on board. 

Hi...yes I realise that and that  they didn't give very much away but at least they made some sort of gesture. I have another thread going at the moment under " Change of POC from Amsterdam to Rotterdam"...similar thing in that they made some sort of offers but actually they didn't amount to anything but gave us the option of a free cancellation....which we did.

PS....notice that you are from Liverpool...just wish that more cruises went from Liverpool....so much more convenient for us....one day....maybe ☺️

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 3:26 PM, janny444 said:

Morning janny, I have a booking with them , Made on the 7 Dec 2018, I still have not got a Final price from them. We had a cruise with them in April last yr, It was so bad they gave us a 10% discount on a future cruise, So we had a good look at what there was going. We found a cruise on 12  April 2020  20 nights Miami to Germany, So we went a head with the booking, You would think it would be quite easy , But its MSC, because the discount is in volved It has to be sent to ITALY to BE CONFIRMED.  any way we are still waiting . 9 weeks later. We have also booked the week before the 5 April to the 12th, Same ship B TO B , to book it with MSC  UK  around £800, A few yrs ago we meet some some people on board a cruise who lived in Texas, Who happen to own a travel comp, At the time they said if we where looking to book any future give them a call , So we did,  The same ship, same cruise, $650 PLUS FREE DRINKS  AND FREE WIFI.  One email is all it took, Fantastic. I no we always get told never book with American comps, But they where great, If you want there details I will gladly send them to you.
Reg.

6 hours ago, edsareg said:

Morning janny, I have a booking with them , Made on the 7 Dec 2018, I still have not got a Final price from them. We had a cruise with them in April last yr, It was so bad they gave us a 10% discount on a future cruise, So we had a good look at what there was going. We found a cruise on 12  April 2020  20 nights Miami to Germany, So we went a head with the booking, You would think it would be quite easy , But its MSC, because the discount is in volved It has to be sent to ITALY to BE CONFIRMED.  any way we are still waiting . 9 weeks later. We have also booked the week before the 5 April to the 12th, Same ship B TO B , to book it with MSC  UK  around £800, A few yrs ago we meet some some people on board a cruise who lived in Texas, Who happen to own a travel comp, At the time they said if we where looking to book any future give them a call , So we did,  The same ship, same cruise, $650 PLUS FREE DRINKS  AND FREE WIFI.  One email is all it took, Fantastic. I no we always get told never book with American comps, But they where great, If you want there details I will gladly send them to you.
Reg.

Hi....thank you for the offer but we can only sail from the UK now....unfortunately our flying days are over 😥

Edited by janny444

2 hours ago, janny444 said:

Hi....thank you for the offer but we can only sail from the UK now....unfortunately our flying days are over 😥

That's ok, There will be ships sailing from Liverpool in the near future, Keep it touch, Where are you in Lances.

31 minutes ago, edsareg said:

That's ok, There will be ships sailing from Liverpool in the near future, Keep it touch, Where are you in Lances.

Hi....I know that Cruise & Maritime & Fred Olsen sail from Liverpool but not sure if they would " tick our boxes". We once sailed from Liverpool with Marella ( Thomson)....it was so much better....certainly easier. Could there be a possibility of other cruise lines sailing from Liverpool....that would be good news. We are just about in the Hyndburn area....bordering Whalley. 

1 hour ago, janny444 said:

Hi....I know that Cruise & Maritime & Fred Olsen sail from Liverpool but not sure if they would " tick our boxes". We once sailed from Liverpool with Marella ( Thomson)....it was so much better....certainly easier. Could there be a possibility of other cruise lines sailing from Liverpool....that would be good news. We are just about in the Hyndburn area....bordering Whalley. 

Hiya, Whalley, I use to take my caravan up that way, Little Bradford?.  I worked on the Cruise terminal at Liverpool for 5 yrs as the Head Steward over Passport control and boarding ops. There will be more bigger ships coming, At one time we could not handle the Passport side of it but now that's all sorted out. All so Peel holdings are building a new terminal  in the next few yrs which will handle all kinds of ships, So yes you will be able to sail from the Mersey, Better than going all the way down South.
Reg.

18 hours ago, edsareg said:

Hiya, Whalley, I use to take my caravan up that way, Little Bradford?.  I worked on the Cruise terminal at Liverpool for 5 yrs as the Head Steward over Passport control and boarding ops. There will be more bigger ships coming, At one time we could not handle the Passport side of it but now that's all sorted out. All so Peel holdings are building a new terminal  in the next few yrs which will handle all kinds of ships, So yes you will be able to sail from the Mersey, Better than going all the way down South.
Reg.

Hi....not sure of Little Bradford....West Bradford?  I hope they soon crack on with the new terminal....you haven't by chance cruised with Cruise & Maritime have you....mmmm....something makes me hesitate but I could be misjudging them

Hi....not sure of Little Bradford....West Bradford?  I hope they soon crack on with the new terminal....you haven't by chance cruised with Cruise & Maritime have you....mmmm....something makes me hesitate but I could be misjudging them

West Bradford it was,  Fred Olsen is OK , They are a bit smaller but Ok . CM, Never been on them but do your home work on them ,you may be surprised by them.

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 6:08 PM, Preziosa said:

Hello edsareg

I would like to have the website to your friends in Texas

Hi Preziose,
Nice to hear from you. I think you have read the post about our booking with a Travel comp in the states. I must state from the start I am not telling every one to book with the Comp we have used, BUT it worked for us. We met the people who own the comp while on a Cruise 2 yrs ago, During the cruise we talked a lot about the difference between costs of Cruising between the UK and the States, Any way they told us if we wanted use them as a TA in the states there was no problem.
After a lot of really bad service from MSC this year I decided to get in touch with them. Best thing we have ever done, The Cruise we were looking at , Booking with MSC   UK  would cost around £800 each for each of us, That's an INSIDE CABIN, No Drinks package/ No FREE wifi,  Booking with the American comp , Same inside cabin, Same cruise, FREE DRINKS PACKAGE,FREE WIFI,   $650 each. How good is that.
Like I said you must do you home work on it, But these are nice people, We spent 3 weeks cruising with them and you get to know how people are. Buy all means contact them, See what works out. I will mail you again in 10 mins with all there details as I have left them in my sons , So will get them back and send to you ASAP.
Reg.  

13 minutes ago, edsareg said:

Hi Preziose,
Nice to hear from you. I think you have read the post about our booking with a Travel comp in the states. I must state from the start I am not telling every one to book with the Comp we have used, BUT it worked for us. We met the people who own the comp while on a Cruise 2 yrs ago, During the cruise we talked a lot about the difference between costs of Cruising between the UK and the States, Any way they told us if we wanted use them as a TA in the states there was no problem.
After a lot of really bad service from MSC this year I decided to get in touch with them. Best thing we have ever done, The Cruise we were looking at , Booking with MSC   UK  would cost around £800 each for each of us, That's an INSIDE CABIN, No Drinks package/ No FREE wifi,  Booking with the American comp , Same inside cabin, Same cruise, FREE DRINKS PACKAGE,FREE WIFI,   $650 each. How good is that.
Like I said you must do you home work on it, But these are nice people, We spent 3 weeks cruising with them and you get to know how people are. Buy all means contact them, See what works out. I will mail you again in 10 mins with all there details as I have left them in my sons , So will get them back and send to you ASAP.
Reg.  

Hi, Its me again.
The Comp is called    Just  Travel,
  351 Silver  Street
Elko
Nevada  89801
Phone//   7757389847
Email,   justtravelnv@gmail.com
If you address any mails to Kathie,  and say you got there details from Reg in Liverpool, It may do you some good . AGAIN PLEASE DO YOUR HOME WORK ON ANY THING YOU MAY BOOK.
Good luck with your travel's.
Reg.