Does the "Love Boat" do specials for 2/14?

JimnKaren

I am not sure what they do now but a few years ago they had a valentines display and red and white flowers on the tables at dinner.

I am hoping they do something special as I have talked a former boss and his wife into trying a cruise for their anniversary this Valentine's Day on the Grand Princess.

In 99 and 00 when I was on Princess during Valentines week they did a renewal of vows ceremony on the Lido deck out by the pool during the day. I was just looking at a picture the other day from the 00 cruise and it had the flowers on the dining room tables as mentioned above and also a special menu printed for Valentines Day. I'm not sure if they are still doing this since it has been a few years since the winter vacation has occured during that week however we'll be back on the Star this Valentines Day!

I was surprised myself about how little Princess really did do to celebrate Valentine's Day. As mentioned they did the on deck renewal of vows - ok for those married couples. Some heart displays for desserts. Of course selling the flowers that day was big.

My Sweetheart made it special for me ;)

Hubby and I sailed with Princess last Valentine's Day, along with 4 other couples, and the only item that I could recall was the heart shaped chocolates left on the pillows that day, (vs. the standard blue foil wrapped ones.) Our group decided to make it our own formal night, even though it wasn't scheduled as such in the Patter. We got a few odd looks as we wandered around in our formals that night, but we had a great time and made it romantic ourselves!

Archived