Cruise Critic Community

8 minutes ago, klmxt4 said:

So, I meant to post here again right after our trip, but it’s been a couple of months. We used Royal Babies and Tots on the Navigator of the Seas in May and had a great experience! Our 2 year old was being very clingy, and so we only really used them one night, but they were great! The first night onboard we stopped by and checked out a big bag of toys. We got to look through a catalog and my son could point to the toy bag he wanted! Too cute! (Just make sure you don’t lose or break them, because they have some crazy steep replacement fees!) The first night we attempted to use the nursery, my son wouldn’t settle down, and they called the deck phone they gave me to see if we wanted to pick him up. I gave them some suggestions and they tried them, but eventually I ended up picking him up. They were very patient and kind and didn’t even charge us for that night, despite him being in the nursery about an hour. The second try went better and he settled down. They gave us a list of food options for him, and there were plenty of foods he likes. It was all basic “kid” foods, from the regular Windjammer menu.

Also, I like their booking system—I was worried they wouldn’t have the openings we wanted, but they were able to book all the time slots we wanted. (We had another evening booked, but ended up canceling midday because we stayed on CocoCay literally until the last minute possible! 😂)

Thanks so much for sharing this info! We are also going on the Navigator with our 2 year old in September so I’ve been trying to read everything I can to help plan. Do you remember if there were times during the day available to bring them to the nursery? We aren’t planning on getting off the ship in Nassau and it might be nice to have an hour or two to just relax by the pool kid-free 🙂

Also, how does it work for bringing them there at night and bedtime? Do they put them in something to sleep or what are the sleeping arrangements like? I can’t imagine my daughter sleeping anywhere that’s not dark and with her sound machine lol Thanks for your help! 

51 minutes ago, NewlyMrs.Kilday said:

Thanks so much for sharing this info! We are also going on the Navigator with our 2 year old in September so I’ve been trying to read everything I can to help plan. Do you remember if there were times during the day available to bring them to the nursery? We aren’t planning on getting off the ship in Nassau and it might be nice to have an hour or two to just relax by the pool kid-free 🙂

Also, how does it work for bringing them there at night and bedtime? Do they put them in something to sleep or what are the sleeping arrangements like? I can’t imagine my daughter sleeping anywhere that’s not dark and with her sound machine lol Thanks for your help! 

I believe there are hours all throughout the day, but I don’t remember what time they open, and we only used them during dinner time... sorry! As far as bedtime, you just pack anything she would need (jammies, toothbrush,  blanket, etc), and they have a little crib area. I would imagine they darken the room at some point. We picked our son up before bedtime, so he never got to sleep there, but I know a lot of other people did, so they probably have a good routine for it (sound machines or music maybe).

I hope it goes well! We LOVED the Navigator!

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 3:53 PM, Ashland said:

As soon as you board go to their open house to sign up usually it's from 1:00pm-3:45pm the first day.

There you will be able to sign up for day/night/times you want...additional times will be allocated based on how many tots onboard that sign up. Times will vary but usually they are open from 9:00am to midnight...The staff in the nursery will give you all the info for your specific itinerary. The fee is $6.00 per child till 5:00pm and then $8.00 per child after that until midnight. 

Remember to get you loaner bag of toys to use in your cabin while onboard.

We have used the RB&T Nursery for our grandchildren and it's an amazing option with a wonderful professional staff. 

Enjoy traveling with your little's...we always do.

Is the pricing per visit or is it per hour?  Wasn't sure exactly how the program worked for 2 year olds.

1 hour ago, BoozinNCruisin said:

Is the pricing per visit or is it per hour?  Wasn't sure exactly how the program worked for 2 year olds.

It is per hour (per child)

This has been a life saver for my family! my daughter loved spending time in the the Tot room on both Oasis and Enchanment.

The Oasis class nurseries are MASSIVE! I love that they change out the toys daily so the kids do not get bored. The staff really cares for the kids. We usually get a room on the floor of the kids area so we can minimize travel time with a sleeping kiddo.

This really is a GREAT feature and honestly worth EVERY PENNY!