Barcelona Day Tours - New Thread

Host Bonjour

Don't get caught in the taxi line at the Barcelona cruise port! Book a tour with Spain Day Tours. They pick you up at the port (right outside the door) and store your luggage in the bus while on the tour, then drop you off at your hotel or other destination. Our guide was very knowledgeable, attentive, and friendly. Prices are very reasonable. Their staff pre and post tour has been very helpful as well. I would highly recommend this company! 🙂

• 1 month later...

We LOVED our tour of Montserrat with Barcelona Day Tours! Our guide Ewa was incredibly informative, cheerful, energetic, and passionate! We took many excursions while we were in various places in Europe for 18 days, and she was the best! Montserrat is a must-see tour in Barcelona, and we feel so blessed to have experienced it.  The pickup at the cruise port and drop-off near our Airbnb (with the taxi reimbursed) were extra perks. Thank you so much! We hope to be back and book another tour with you!

• Like 1

We had a few hours between docking and our flight from Barcelona on September 2, 2024. We had never spent time visiting Barcelona, so we decided to take a short 4-hour tour, which included a general drive around the city, walking through Park Guell, and seeing the exterior of the Sagrada Familia. Our tour, which we reserved months before, was far better than we expected. We were met on time outside the ship and dropped off at the airport afterward in plenty of time. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable, and his English was quite good. We learned much about Gaudi, which it turns out we now admire much more than we would have thought. We would definitely consider another Barcelona Day Tour in the future, and would recommend them to others.

What a super company from my first enquiry to dropping my 84 year old parents off at the airport Barcelona Day Tours were excellent. They arrived on time, spoke perfect English, provided an excellent tour with lots of local knowledge.  They even went the extra mile and arranged tickets for Sagrada Familia. A great way to start / finish your cruise to a magnificent city. 

We had a wonderful morning with our Tour Guide - John of Barcelona Day Tours.  He picked the four of us up in a timely manner from the Barcelona Cruise port on September 24th after our cruise ship docked.  Since we were unable to check into our hotel in Barcelona until the afternoon, this was a great way to spend our morning.  A very nice driver (along with a very clean and comfortable van), and a few other passengers were on the tour to Montserrat early in the morning.  We were able to beat the crowds. The morning started out cloudy, but the sun came out and shone on this beautiful place.  The monastery and surrounding area are beautiful to see and the church that houses the Black Madonna is so pretty and spiritual.  I would highly recommend Barcelona Day Tours for a Cruiseport pick up while in Barcelona. John was a knowledgeable guide and offered much insight and suggestions and also answered our questions.

Forget the crowded cruise ship itineraries.

We had a wonderful small-group tour with Anna of Barcelona Day Tours who was very knowledgeable and very personable. Montserrat was amazing but Barcelona really takes the prize, with the works of Gaudi forcing me to revisit my views on modernism (lol - Anna will get that!). 
Thank you for a wonderful, if too short, day in Barcelona. We will be back!

On 2/13/2019 at 4:25 PM, Host Bonjour said:

Hello Spain Ports Community!

Its been 7 years and 20 pages since the original Barcelona Day Tours (BDT) thread was started. I figured it was time to start a fresh thread. 

Please post your requests here for information and experiences from fellow cruisers with BDT

As our experienced Cruise Critic members know, this is one of the rare exceptions made when direct questions may be posted regarding Barcelona Day Tours. A similar exemption exists on our Italy ports board. 

The intention of this thread is to accommodate our members’ information sharing and reduce the number of similar threads so that other Spain port questions will be easy to view. 

And the obligatory fine print....

Please keep our TOS re: limits on discussion when posting requests/replies to posts; our rules are stated at the top of this board in the formerly “sticky” notes, now pinned topics.    Remember about "one (or two) post wonders as well.  Those will be removed.

Everyone that posts here is always wonderful and we appreciate your enthusiastic participation on this and every single topic throughout Cruise Critic. We’re not us without you. 

And so about that Barcelona port stop....🚢

We will be on the Oceania Cruise the "Allure" in July/August 2025. We will be in Barcelona on August 3.  We would be interested in touring with other couples.

• 2 weeks later...

We are in Barcelona on the 2 day post excursion after our Mediterranean Antiquities cruise. Today we took a half day tour to Montserrat with Barcelona Day Tours. I highly recommend this tour company. Our guide Joao, was on time, the van was very clean & comfortable & he shared so much good information with us. We are so glad we did this. I just wanted to hop on here & thank those who shared about this company. 

• Like 1