Caribbean Princess - Itinerary Changes from Propulsion Issues

WeddingCruiser404

I am looking forward to trying out Princess at some point and the Caribbean Princess in March 2019 is really appealing.  The Ship itself looks perfect for our cruising style and I have read as much information as I can find on the propulsion issues.  I was wondering for those who have cruised on the Caribbean Princess in the past couple months if the propulsion issue impacted travel times, particularly in the Western Caribbean.  For instance are itineraries and port times cut short in order to stay on schedule?  From the itinerary it looks as if the ship will only be in some ports for 6-7 hours. I was wondering if Princess alters port times like leaving early or arriving later due to the propulsion issue and lower cruising speeds? Also along those lines is the propulsion issue noticeable at all while onboard, like more vibration or extra motion than normally experienced on a cruise.  Super excited either way, just looking for clarification on those details.  Thanks, any help or feedback is appreciated!

We just spent 14 days on the Caribbean Princess and the propulsion issue was a non-issue.  On occasion in the aft portion of the ship on the lower decks you could feel a random shutter.  

The ship hop will be going into drydock in April where the hull of the ship will actually be cut open and the propulsion issues will be fixed. 

4 minutes ago, WeddingCruiser404 said:

Thanks for the first hand information.  Was the ship noticeably slower or were your port times/ itineraries affected at all?

I sailed on her in September. She can still hit 21 knots according to Bridge officers on my visit. We also hit 20 plus knots several times throughout the voyage. I didn't see any issues with port times.

Remember this has been going on for a couple of years so I think they have the kinks ironed out for now.