Review - Nieuw Amsterdam

Fouremco

Thank you for your review.  It was quite interesting to read.  This will be my first cruise in late April-beginning of May, on HAL's Nieuw Amsterdam, and I'm looking forward to it.  The aft cabins were available when I was booking my cruise but because my daughter suffers a bit of sea sickness in rough weather we decided against it.  We are also on the Navigation deck but just below the Sea View Bar instead.  I assumed that won't be noisy in the early mornings.

Thanks again for your nice review!!

6 hours ago, Caymus88 said:

Best way to get an upgrade?  Really want a Neptune suite

When we want a Neptune we book it.   I’m sure everyone else on your cruise would love a Neptune suite too!   The only thing I can suggest is if you booked through a PCC express your interest and the amount you’re willing to pay and they will possibly monitor it for you.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Goldieone1 said:

We are also on the Navigation deck but just below the Sea View Bar instead.  I assumed that won't be noisy in the early mornings

I shouldn't think that there's be much noise in the early morning, but be aware that the Sea View Bar is a designated smoking area. It's unlikely that the smoke will reach your balcony, especially when the ship is underway, but if you or your daughter are particularly sensitive to second hand smoke, it's something to think about.

Enjoy your cruise!

3 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I shouldn't think that there's be much noise in the early morning, but be aware that the Sea View Bar is a designated smoking area. It's unlikely that the smoke will reach your balcony, especially when the ship is underway, but if you or your daughter are particularly sensitive to second hand smoke, it's something to think about.

Enjoy your cruise!

Oh oh, I never thought of that.  I'm a bit sensitive to smoke smell.  Hopefully it won't be that bad.  Fingers crossed!  Thank you!

1 hour ago, canadianbear said:

When we want a Neptune we book it.   I’m sure everyone else on your cruise would love a Neptune suite too!   The only thing I can suggest is if you booked through a PCC express your interest and the amount you’re willing to pay and they will possibly monitor it for you.  

Thank you. Didn’t know they would accept bids

2 minutes ago, Caymus88 said:

Thank you. Didn’t know they would accept bids

it’s not a bid just a phone call to your PCC or TA to let them know if an upsell comes around that you’re interested.  It’s best to advise them also the amount you’re willing to pay so they can grab it if it happens.