Little French Key

kcdancerkc

We were there a few weeks ago and for us, 

i would give the entire day a B+

the hardest part was having our reservation in hand we had to walk a bit to get away from the ginormous 

market trap that wasn’t there ten years ago!  We were to find a guy named Dave in a green hat...no problem.

he got us in the appropriate van with another couple and the roads are currently down to one lane.  We were not in a rush, and the driver got bored sitting still for a-bit so-he jumped out to a road side fruit stand and we tried lychees he bought.

when we finally got to the “resort “ opening, we took a five minute ferry ride to the key.  They run back and forth all day.

bad things.....bar was crowded....took much time to get drinks

and there were too few staff at bar and servers coming around to our beach chairs .  Butt there is a limit on persons/day passes so as the day wore on the semi crowds left.....hint....leave when the workers do about three pm,,,,one gave us , and

a couple of other guests and staff right back to the market....didn’t have to walk uphill!

the water is gorgeous, lots of good photo ops, fountains, hammocks in the water etc.

I had to ignore the animals in the cages because even if they are rescued, they are still caged....and I cannot enjoy.

the lunch was just enough food, the acreage is huge, lots of nooks and crannies to enjoy time on land or in water without crowds 😎

8 hours ago, kcdancerkc said:

the hardest part was having our reservation in hand we had to walk a bit to get away from the ginormous 

market trap that wasn’t there ten years ago!  We were to find a guy named Dave in a green hat...no problem.

he got us in the appropriate van with another couple and the roads are currently down to one lane.  We were not in a rush, and the driver got bored sitting still for a-bit so-he jumped out to a road side fruit stand and we tried lychees he bought.

when we finally got to the “resort “ opening, we took a five minute ferry ride to the key.  They run back and forth all day.

and there were too few staff at bar and servers coming around to our beach chairs .  Butt there is a limit on persons/day passes so as the day wore on the semi crowds left.....hint....leave when the workers do about three pm,,,,one gave us , and

a couple of other guests and staff right back to the market....didn’t have to walk uphill!

the water is gorgeous, lots of good photo ops, fountains, hammocks in the water etc.

I had to ignore the animals in the cages because even if they are rescued, they are still caged....and I cannot enjoy.

the lunch was just enough food, the acreage is huge, lots of nooks and crannies to enjoy time on land or in water without crowds 😎

Thanks for the review. 

I am assuming you were on Carnival - i thought you had always had to walk ( or get a taxi up the hill) to outside vendors but could always get a ride back in? 

9 hours ago, kcdancerkc said:

I booked 88.00 package with meal. I was told meal consisted of Jerk Chicken, rise and beans, cole slaw and platain chips.
Do you other  food options available and price? Thinking of opting out full package 

On 2/14/2019 at 1:40 PM, SportsFanatic said:

I booked 88.00 package with meal. I was told meal consisted of Jerk Chicken, rise and beans, cole slaw and platain chips.
Do you other  food options available and price? Thinking of opting out full package 

If you find out will you please report back here.  I will make a similar decision.  It appears much has changed since our last visit.  Kayaks and paddle boards were a favorite of my kids so adding the $25 to the basic price is the most appealing.  I can pack snacks and water if need be.

I received an email from them. They said have  plenty of options like chicken fingers, pizza, fish, chicken, etc starting around 9.00 for hot dog .  I’m not sure if that comes with fries and a drink or what it comes with though. But there is several options to buy à la cart if you wish to opt out and go with regular package