Anthem of the Seas - Disney Transfers

Hello All,

We are sailing on the Anthem on December 20th. One of our stops is Port Canaveral for which we plan to head over to Disney, first time with our kids ages 8 and 2.

We want to use the cruise line provided transfers to avoid any stress and issues with getting back to the ship on time. I know I saw a thread pop up not too long ago about the same topic but couldn't locate it again. 

My question is to people who have used the cruise line provided transfer, once you are there, are there busses running back to the ship all day long or are you there for a set amount of time? Also, since my son will only be 2, what should we do about a car seat? Obviously we don't want to be lugging a car seat around the park with us. 

Thank you all in advance for your help!

A little late on a reply - but we did the Universal Studios transfer around Thanksgiving and I'm pretty sure Disney runs the same way: Obviously everyone departs the ship at the same time. Then for the return, as I recall there were two or three return time options towards the end of the day (like 4pm, 4:30pm give or take). They don't offer shuttles all day.

If my notes are correct: We left the ship at 7:30a or so (which got us to Universal right at the 9a opening time) and then took a 4:30pm bus back which I think was the second-to-last of the day. All-on-board was 6:30pm I think.

As you can see that despite what the tour duration might say, they do give you as much time as the park as possible given the ship's departure time (which I guess, is either good or bad if you have a two-year-old!)

53 minutes ago, br111 said:

A little late on a reply - but we did the Universal Studios transfer around Thanksgiving and I'm pretty sure Disney runs the same way: Obviously everyone departs the ship at the same time. Then for the return, as I recall there were two or three return time options towards the end of the day (like 4pm, 4:30pm give or take). They don't offer shuttles all day.

If my notes are correct: We left the ship at 7:30a or so (which got us to Universal right at the 9a opening time) and then took a 4:30pm bus back which I think was the second-to-last of the day. All-on-board was 6:30pm I think.

As you can see that despite what the tour duration might say, they do give you as much time as the park as possible given the ship's departure time (which I guess, is either good or bad if you have a two-year-old!)

Thank you for your reply! That info is very helpful... obviously we want to spend as much time in the park as possible, however just wanted to know we could head back to the ship earlier should we need to.

Still trying to figure out what to do about a car seat for the 2 year old on the bus.

4 hours ago, driscruisers said:

Thank you for your reply! That info is very helpful... obviously we want to spend as much time in the park as possible, however just wanted to know we could head back to the ship earlier should we need to.

Still trying to figure out what to do about a car seat for the 2 year old on the bus.

No car seats on the bus, almost always no car seats on any excursion. When we were on Symphony they ran a bus to the main gate for $39.00 pp. One bus up and one back. They Also had a Disney Springs shuttle $19.00 pp that ran back and forth all day that also made a stop at a shopping mall.  Uber was about $74.00 each way.  The Disney Springs shuttle actually arrived earlier and the last return shuttle was about a hour after the bus left the main gate area.  The bus excursion was sold as being at the park for 2 additional hours but that was not the case. We were told that if using the bus we would not be allowed to also take the shuttle back. Totally untrue, many on our return bus were people that had arrived by shuttle and then used Disney transport from Disney springs to the main gate, annual pass holders seem to know the tricks.  Really not a worthwhile trip to the main park  unless your a pass holder.  Almost a hour to get from the bus drop off to the ticket window and across the lake to the entrance. And as you leave the bus you get a warning about trying to leave the park just before and during the parade, bus driver said to allow 1 hour to get from the castle to the bus during parade time.  If you really want to go take a uber or lyft. 

• Like 1

When we went we opted to leave on the first bus.  It did not work out for us.  It seemed everyone wanted to stay as late as they could .  We sat on the bus 40 minutes waiting for the bus to fill up.   Everyone came at once.  The bus does not leave unless it is full.

• Like 1