Early Dining or Your Time Dining

erlyvon

4 hours ago, coevan said:

What if you regularly eat at 7:30, late or early won't work.

It will work, if you do it right. I never miss eating a meal on time, and at home we eat dinner very early, at 5:30. But on a cruise, I'm having snacks at various times throughout the day, and my regular eating schedule is out the window. I typically end up eating a way bigger and somewhat later breakfast than my home schedule, which then leads to a later lunch than normal. I might then have an afternoon snack on deck, or at times I've snuck up to the Lido around 6 and had a bowl of soup or a light snack, if I'm hungry before our late seating dinner.

(Read "if I'm hungry" to mean I no longer stuffed so I'm going to eat again because I'm on a cruise and love to eat)

I find what I normally do at home has no bearing whatsoever on what works for a cruise. Since there is food available almost any time, you can make almost any dining time work if you're willing to fill in any gaps with snacks. And I'm always willing to do that.

On 3/18/2019 at 5:10 AM, jsglow said:

IDEAL for us would be an isolated table for 2 in early dining.  But we recognize that as a Gold level cruiser, that can't be expected.  So we go with ATD and sit at a 2 top.  Works out fine.

Next time we cruise with our adult kids, I'm sure we'll request an early 4 person booth and get it.

On the Dream, this would be table 386 in the Crimson Upper dining room. 🙂 On our anniversary trip in January, we were assigned this table. It is near the back of the dining room in an isolated area overlooking the lower dining room. We took 3-4 steps down into a glassed in area with only three tables for two actually spaced apart pretty well. It was perfect.