Visa for Thailand on a cruise?

Shax17

I have checked the "Entry Requirements" section on the .GOV website for Thailand. I'm concerned that is stated specifically that travellers entering by land or air do not need a visa for a short stay. Does this mean that if I am entering by sea on a cruise that I do need a visa? I'd appreciate any information or if someone can confirm this for me. There doesn't seem to be an option to contact the Thai embassy, it only links to a message from the ambassador.

Edited by Shax17

We didn't need a visa when visiting Phuket on Splendida in April 2017.  We did get landing cards for some ports;  I just can't remember if we had them for Thailand (I've looked through both my review and my photos of the time, but there's no indication in either place about it).  Anyway, there was no problem with this port.

11 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

We didn't need a visa when visiting Phuket on Splendida in April 2017.  We did get landing cards for some ports;  I just can't remember if we had them for Thailand (I've looked through both my review and my photos of the time, but there's no indication in either place about it).  Anyway, there was no problem with this port.

Thank you for the reply. This is in fact the port I'm due to be stopping at. Much appreciated.

You're welcome!

This is a tender port - we did a ship's excursion (and were in YC) so were on one of the first tenders over.  However, this wasn't as much of an advantage as it first seemed as we had to wait for everyone else on the excursion to get across.  I'd say we were almost an hour waiting before we finally boarded the bus to head off for the day.

37 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

You're welcome!

This is a tender port - we did a ship's excursion (and were in YC) so were on one of the first tenders over.  However, this wasn't as much of an advantage as it first seemed as we had to wait for everyone else on the excursion to get across.  I'd say we were almost an hour waiting before we finally boarded the bus to head off for the day.

That's it.  I'm never booking YC. 🤪