Plus size excursions!

Torrid80

Hello all! We are cruising in may, jamaica, grand cayman and cozumel. We are not "tiny" people, and are looking for excursions that don't "turn away" plus size people! I have read some of the dolphin encounters are "under 250 lbs", I'm not sure why this matters, no one will be sitting on a dolphin lol, Does anyone have any advice on the "boat tours" with stingrays and open waters. We can swim well, but the "ladders" on and off the boats is more of what I am asking about! Are they sturdy? Which ones have "nicer" stair like steps into the water??

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

This is one of my favorites and size doesn't matter.  Cozumel.  Chankanaab Park.  google: Cozumel Parks

1.Get off ship and go to taxi stand right at end of port.  They will take you right to the Park.  It is like $15-$20 a van full, not per person.

2. Inside is a GREAT snorkeling area.  Sturdy steps to get into the water (the water is not shallow).  Beautiful, plentiful fish.  Free loungers.  If you give your drivers license they will give you a free life vest.  You need to bring own gear unless you want to rent some. ( I just went on Amazon and bought our own OR go and get at sporting goods store.). 

3.  They have nice restrooms and shower areas.  I bring clothes and change before heading back, so I can shop at port on way to ship and not be all sandy. 

4.  If you like massages they are much cheaper than the ship.

5..  They have fake Mayan ruins and all of kinds of walk thru things.  Dolphins, Ziplines, etc.  Just go on their website. 

6.  Lockers for rent cheap.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2019 at 11:33 PM, ginal said:

This is one of my favorites and size doesn't matter.  Cozumel.  Chankanaab Park.  google: Cozumel Parks

1.Get off ship and go to taxi stand right at end of port.  They will take you right to the Park.  It is like $15-$20 a van full, not per person.

2. Inside is a GREAT snorkeling area.  Sturdy steps to get into the water (the water is not shallow).  Beautiful, plentiful fish.  Free loungers.  If you give your drivers license they will give you a free life vest.  You need to bring own gear unless you want to rent some. ( I just went on Amazon and bought our own OR go and get at sporting goods store.). 

3.  They have nice restrooms and shower areas.  I bring clothes and change before heading back, so I can shop at port on way to ship and not be all sandy. 

4.  If you like massages they are much cheaper than the ship.

5..  They have fake Mayan ruins and all of kinds of walk thru things.  Dolphins, Ziplines, etc.  Just go on their website. 

6.  Lockers for rent cheap.

Shouldn't this be on the Cozumel page and not Cayman?

• 2 weeks later...

I would recommend marinelandtours.com.  The steps were VERY manageable as a larger person.  If you go to the site you can even see pictures of how it looks.  The waves are not that bad out there and it is probably only up to waist to chest deep, so you can see how their steps go well into the water.  We've been to Stingray city 3 times, and I've been able to get on and off each time, but this one was the easiest.  

stingray-city.jpg

• Like 1