Around the World from Liverpool on Black Watch 2021

malbecman

Hi all ....know this is a wee bit early but am so pleased to be booked on this cruise !  The destinations have been on the wish list for years ....hope to hear from others on board over the coming months. Will be great to sail from Liverpool as its closer to home and quite an iconic place to start from !

As a scouser, I am very happy to see you have described my home town as Iconic 🙂

We would not be interested in this ourselves but did look at the itinerary.  I see Fred's website has it down as starting from Liverpool, but returning to Southampton, but we got a flyer from a local cruise club yesterday which showed it returning to Liverpool as well, after calling at Southampton.  So it looks like they are putting mini cruises at each end that can be used to extend the world cruise, which seems a very good marketing idea.  I have seen other long cruises that have had an option to start in Liverpool but not return to there at the end.

What interests me is that Fred may be sailing out of Liverpool both before and after the world cruise, which sounds very good to me.  I always look at the Liverpool departures and have sailed from there a few times, but those cruises usually seem expensive and rarely get reduced even in the later stages.  So they must do well at selling cruises from Liverpool.

I am looking forward to seeing what Fred will be offering for the 2020/21.  They say the cruises will be released in March but are coy at saying when.

Edited by tring

hi, thanks for your reply ! yes we board 2 nights before the Southampton departure and stay on for 2 nights on return journey...it will save us the long journey to Southampton ! We are leaving from Southampton in Jan 2020 on the Balmoral cruise to South America...lots of research to do over the coming months ! We are also looking forward to the new Fred cruise brochure...love to see where the ships are going.

8 hours ago, malbecman said:

...lots of research to do over the coming months ! 

That is the trouble with cruises - I enjoy the research but it can take your life over 🙂

I have  seen a snip it and looks like Boudicca is off to Japan and back next winter - will be a tad cold at that time of year I suspect.  If my info is right, the brochure is out early next week.

Enjoy the cruise,

Barbara