The Surf Club Restaurant

florisdekort

We had dinner last night at The Surf Club Restaurant, Chef Thomas Keller’s new venue in Surfside, FL (roughly halfway between Miami Beach and Fort Lauderdale).  It was just like dining at TKG on Encore or Ovation.  The menu is identical but longer (the extra items seem to feature as rotating specials of the day at Seabourn’s TKG), the look/feel/vibe of the bar was the same (arrive early for pre dinner cocktails!), the loud music in the restaurant was the same (the same playlist even!) and the excellent albeit a bit formal service felt the same.  All in all a wonderful night out and a nice reminder of life on Seabourn.  

After 300 nights on Seabourn we’re going astray and are boarding the new Celebrity Edge later today.  I don’t know what I was thinking when I booked it but at least we’re in a top suite so life will be good regardless 🙂

Floris

That’s very interesting about the new Florida restaurant.  We used to cruise all the time when we were younger on Celebrity, that is, until Seabourn stole our hearts away forever.  Having said that, we also have had our eye on the Edge with such unique innovations.  I do hope you will post on this blog your reflections about your experience when you return.    Thanks and have a simply marvelous cruise.