Zuiderdam Neptune Lounge

CruisinShips

We are going on our first HAL cruise , and will be in a Neptune suite.   I saw some pics online and it doesn't look like there is a bar in there?  I have been in suite lounges on Royal...some of them have full bars, an some have decent food.  Is the Neptune Lounge on the Zuiderdam more of just a hangout kind of place with a concierge, and some finger foods, and that's about it?

Thanks!

The Neptune Lounge on Z does not have a bar like the Royal ships.  Unfortunately, they don't do the free drink hour like Royal does. 

However,  they have a little spread of snack food and beverages (coffee, tea, water, etc) that are always out.   They are also staffed all day, unlike on Royal ship which is nice.   You don't have to try and catch the concierge during their "office hours" in the lounge.

Thanks.  That's a little disappointing.  Not to be negative, but with no dedicated restaurant and no real suite lounge...the Neptune suite perks on the Z seem to be a little limited.  I am sure we will have a great time regardless.  Thanks again for the reply.

They do use the steakhouse (Pinnacle Grill) for NS breakfast.  It is the same food as the MDR,  but a nicer, smaller setting.

Even with the loss of the free drink happy hour going from Royal to HA,  I have found the concierge lounge on HA to be a better overall experience than on Royal. 

On Royal,  they have 1 person,  and everyone lines up to talk to them during their set time in the lounge.  If there are lot of Diamond level peeps on the ship it gets pretty crowded and hard to get your stuff taken care of.

On HA, they have people staffing the room all day.  There are times it gets busy but most of the time you can walk in and talk to someone quickly...and without 5 people lined up behind you.  They also seem to get things done better for whatever reason.. 

Don't sleep on that free laundry either.....that's a nice perk!

Thanks again.  Good tips.  The suite lounge/coastal kitchen on the Royal Oasis class ships is what got me hooked on suite living on cruise ships.  Just a great respite from the rest of the hustle and bustle on the big ships.  Very excited for our upcoming HAL cruise though.

2 hours ago, mdjohn5 said:

They do use the steakhouse (Pinnacle Grill) for NS breakfast.  It is the same food as the MDR,  but a nicer, smaller setting.

I don't think that it is the same food.  The steaks in the Pinnacle are far superior, IMHO, to the MDR's, and there are many dishes in the Pinnacle which do not appear on the MDR menu.  I thought the main reason for going to the Pinnacle is the difference in the food, not the ambiance.

4 minutes ago, Tampa Girl said:

I don't think that it is the same food.  The steaks in the Pinnacle are far superior, IMHO, to the MDR's, and there are many dishes in the Pinnacle which do not appear on the MDR menu.  I thought the main reason for going to the Pinnacle is the difference in the food, not the ambiance.

I don't think that's what that poster meant.  I think they were just saying Suite guests can have breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill in the mornings.

25 minutes ago, Tampa Girl said:

For breakfast, it IS the same food prepared in the same kitchen by the same cooks.  Breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill is one of the suite perks, and you order off the same menu used in the MDR.